SLC Ribs on the UDS (and PostImage test)

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
2 racks of Smithfield Prime (from Sam's) ribs trimmed to St Louis cut (great marbling). Went on the UDS at 275° running with KBB and almond wood.

Rubbed with Simply Marvelous BBQ Genie's Trinity (first), Cucamonga Cattle Company Prairie Dust (second) and Big Poppa Smokers Money (third). Rub allowed to sweat for 30min before going on the drum.

Smoked for 1hr 50min, wrapped with "butter" (blue bottle), honey and more Genie's Trinity. Cooked in the foil for 1hr 45min, until they probed tender using a toothpick between the bones. Pulled from foil, returned to the smoker for 5min to dry up the foil liquid, sauced (homemade stuff) and returned to set for another 5min.

Total cook time 3hr 45min.

Ready to wrap

Dinner time

Ribs were outstanding. The rub combination is fantastic. PostImage may be my new 3rd Party hosting site (very easy to use)

Last edited:
Nice ribs! I had good luck with my postimage test as well, but I wish they had an app for the folks who exclusively use a phone or tablet.

I had good luck with my postimage test as well, but I wish they had an app for the folks who exclusively use a phone or tablet.

I didn't try playing with PostImage on my phone, that sucks. I REALLY disliked Flickr, so until something better comes along, I will be content with PostImage

Nicely done! Nice lookin' ribs there and thanks for the heads up on Postimage - been wondering what site to use since the PB mess.

I have some Genie's Trinity but haven't used it yet - hoping to this weekend.

Back