Contest Results Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Cookoff Festival Silver Lake, MI. September 12 & 13 2008 ***Results Added***

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! And congratulations to all who also walked. It was exciting to get all those calls with a new team name, coming out for the first time (with our own team) in 2 or 3 years. Many thanks especially to Theresa/Tonto for showing me how to put a parsley box together.

What was the result of the Michigan Trifecta? All Day Smoke?

Congrats Julie, you guys had a great day!!
All Day Smoke didn't enter the Trifecta...:cry:
Another great contest put on by Jeff, he held off the rain as long as he could!
Fairly happy with our finish, didn't get many pics due to the rain and Jack....:shock:
Can't believe our season is over already, lookin forward to next year with the possibility of 6 Michigan events!

Hey Puff, we were un-loading our trailer when you called, how come you werent out there this weekend ??? :twisted::mrgreen:
It was raining.:razz: :shock: :icon_blush:
See you in Flushing :twisted: :wink:
Congrats to all that got called. :-D

What's your new team name, Julie? Is it M22? I was wondering who that was.

Yes, Ron, we are M22 BBQ. There was a very cool, rustic little shack up near our cottage in Onekama, MI (44:21:56.639N, 86:15:33.858W), on highway M22. My husband and I always dreamed of having a BBQ/smoked fish biz run out of that building for 4 months of the year called M22 BBQ.

Last year the owner "prettied it up" with beige aluminum siding and a blue metal roof. Meanwhile, some young bucks have trademarked the M22 name for a line of hats, tee-shirts, etc. I hear, from a fwinemaker friend, who blends their M22 wine, that they are very litigious. We may end up being Mrs. Dog's/M22 BBQ....

My team rocks!

Yes, Ron, we are M22 BBQ. There was a very cool, rustic little shack up near our cottage in Onekama, MI (44:21:56.639N, 86:15:33.858W), on highway M22. My husband and I always dreamed of having a BBQ/smoked fish biz run out of that building for 4 months of the year called M22 BBQ.

Last year the owner "prettied it up" with beige aluminum siding and a blue metal roof. Meanwhile, some young bucks have trademarked the M22 name for a line of hats, tee-shirts, etc. I hear, from a fwinemaker friend, who blends their M22 wine, that they are very litigious. We may end up being Mrs. Dog's/M22 BBQ....

My team rocks!

Julie, your team does rock!!!!

Congratulations to all who walked and great job M22 BBQ!! The event was great in spite of the rain. At least there was no heavy wind and cold like last year. Jeff and his team "got 'er done"

Julie, your team does rock!!!!

Congratulations to all who walked and great job M22 BBQ!! The event was great in spite of the rain. At least there was no heavy wind and cold like last year. Jeff and his team "got 'er done"

And special thanks to the good Rev. Walt for the beautiful 9:22 shot, er....sermon! :cool:

My team rocks!

Nice story. I hope the name sticks. Congrats on Silver Lake.

Bud, we did not get much of a chance to converse, haggle, cajole, dicker, search out each others weaknesses, bait and switch, mis-direct, get down to brass tacks, under value,or over inflate the priceof that pile of scrap iron you would like to be rid off, over the winter time. I walked into the garage this morning, and I immediately had pit seperation anxiety. Maybe I should have had another shot, at say 9:22, and then one every 5 minutes after that, until the anxiety subsides. What do you think? Oh, that's right, your'e a man of the cloth, not a Phyciatrist.

Mark - LMAO :p:lol:

As the Right Reverend Billy Sol Hargus once said: Bring me your heavy heart, your tired soul and your rusty pit:icon_pissed

I'll pm you..........more of the Lang hyperbole

Now that you guys have practiced at the Michigan Comps who all is wanting to head down to Nelsonville?.......looking forward to running into ya before the snows start pelting down.....

My team rocks!

Ahh Onekama, one of our favorite little places to travel through. Congrats on the walk Julie.

Back