THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tenpenny_05

Full Fledged Farker
Every year my work gives out a "turkey" in the form of a walmart gift card. With my kids being lucky enough to have 10 living grandparents we will be spending too much time on the road this week to have our own thanksgiving, so I decided to try smoking a breast on sunday to make "leftover" turkey sandwiches for dinner.

Since it was enhanced I skipped the brining, and just patted it dry and lubed her up with melted butter and cajun seasoning (both under and over the skin).
I let her go on the wsm with a few chunks of hickory at 300 degrees on the dome thermo.

The smoker was on my deck, and it was a little cold and really windy out but the WSM did its thing. At exactly 3 hours it hit my target of 167 degrees, then I rested it in foil for another 30 minutes.

I sliced it up and made sandwiches with cream cheese, cranberry sauce, arugula and swiss cheese on ciabatta bread and they were soo dang good.
After our sandwiches my wife and three kids stood around the cutting board and gobbled up all the meat debris left over from carving and I still have enough for lunch today and tomorrow. I will definitely be doing this again soon!

Attachments

Back