THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y’all have me rethinking my trailer 24 x 50. I have a nice tilt aluminum trailer with an electric which on front I could load it with. The truth is, I might take it somewhere once a year but that would be about it. If I go with a patio, i willl get the wagon wheel model so I can tow it with my golf cart around in the yard if need be.

I would have Shirley Fab weld a pull hook on each end so if you use a winch you can have a hook point. My Deep South Smokers GC28 has them and it is awesome if needed.

70e2e4449261def77abe52ce080f6dbf.jpg

PLEASE, stop posting this picture!

Dodge Ram, a Quad and a Shirley trailer on a trailer?

GADDAM!

If I go the patio route I will have them weld up a removable trailer tounge that I can replace the pull handle with. I also like the hook idea alone with adding some tie down points if none are there. By the time I add all this it will probably be as much as a trailer model.

If I go the patio route I will have them weld up a removable trailer tounge that I can replace the pull handle with. I also like the hook idea alone with adding some tie down points if none are there. By the time I add all this it will probably be as much as a trailer model.

How are you going to have them add a trailer tongue to the cooker where the pull handle would be? Wouldn't that be too high?

I will have the tie down points added if I stay with the patio model. That will make it easier to strap down on the trailer. I also like the dedicated hook point added so it can be winched up on my trailer.

That's the beauty (or curse depending on your perspective) of the SF, they will apparently do anything you want to the cooker so you are limited only by your ideas or your pocketbook.

How are you going to have them add a trailer tongue to the cooker where the pull handle would be? Wouldn't that be too high?

I will have the tie down points added if I stay with the patio model. That will make it easier to strap down on the trailer. I also like the dedicated hook point added so it can be winched up on my trailer.

That's the beauty (or curse depending on your perspective) of the SF, they will apparently do anything you want to the cooker so you are limited only by your ideas or your pocketbook.

It will be a wagon wheel model if I go that route. Handle is low on them.

It will be a wagon wheel model if I go that route. Handle is low on them.

That makes sense. I was thinking of the small handle that is attached to the main cook chamber and thinking how in the world would that work.

Your idea sounds good. Make it much easier to pull around the yard.

24x42 cabinet on trailer

As of July 2018 the 24x42 cabinet comes on a trailer with a 2 shelf warmer for $2975 as per Tyler... Hope this helps.

Sounds like a patio model will better serve your needs. If you are cooking for a large group cook at home and time it so you are transporting in cooler(s) during the rest phase.
Yes you can load a patio model on your trailer however a winch and a long heavy duty ramp is necessary IMO to ensure your safety.

I don’t have. Shirley but I do have a Lang patio model 60. I might be able to move it by myself on a slight slope concrete. I could not budge it off of the grass. It was so heavy it dug in and made divots. Once rolling it is ok. If you plan on leaving. It one place a patio is great. I’d get a trailer if I was doing it over. and I just got mine last night. No way could I move it from my back yard (concrete) to my concrete driveway and garage. Too heavy to pull up the slope by myself. I am fairly young and stout too.

My next smoker will be on a trailer, period.
I sold my LSG and the biggest reason was because it was crazy difficult to move around...damn thing almost killed me twice and given where I live it would have been a month or better till anyone found me, lol. I do a few cooks for my brother and his church group as well...so it would be very handy to me

-D

I bought a 24 by 42 patio model used. Had Tyler take it off the patio cart and weld it on a trailer. It took 4 of us to load it on the trailer. I’m sure a winch would make this easier but it’s sure convenient to back up to the trailer and go.

Back