Seasoned the Hunsaker today.

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Had a lot going on today but I was able to season the new cooker, sprayed it down with generic Pam along with the grates. Used 2 Weber starter cubes to get a mix of RO and Cowboy lump lit, left the lid open for 20 minutes. Closed the lid with the intake and exhaust wide open 14 minutes later temps hit 300, closed the intake to 50% and cracked the exhaust to 1/2" to stable size temps.

Was able to pay attention for the first 30 minutes and it was holding at 300, came back 3hrs later and it was sitting at 335. Seasoned 2 Nakid fatties, used Jimmy Dean Regular with a homemade Rub no salt and a 90/10 lean ground pork stuffed with sharp cheddar seasoned with Loot N Booty BBQ Everything Rub.

I wanted to also throw on a rack of St Louis cut ribs just didn't have time, oh well for another day.

El Rojo :-D

IMG_1005_zpsov8y9q2d.jpg

Nakid Fatties, Lean and Jimmy Dean

IMG_0991_zpsj3yvhlkn.jpg

The lean pork Fatty I pulled at 140 (IT climbed to 145) like I would a Pork Loin so it wouldn't be dry and wrapped it in foil to stay hot, the Sausage was pulled at 162. Ready to pull the the 1st Fatty.

IMG_0998_zpsdg8sdkl7.jpg

Ready to serve

IMG_0999_zpsvqxo12nr.jpg

Had some mini fresh baked rolls, I went with 2 slices of the Jimmy Dean mustard, pickle and a slice of each along with some chips.

IMG_1002_zpsp1mts1i8.jpg

Washed it down with A Props Craft Brewery Blond Bomber Ale (Veterans owned and operated) Ft Walton Beach, FL :thumb:

IMG_0997_zps9l76dfat.jpg

Very nice, glad to see you were able to get her fired up. I'll check out that beer when I am down there in a couple of weeks. Happy to support vets.

Very nice, glad to see you were able to get her fired up. I'll check out that beer when I am down there in a couple of weeks. Happy to support vets.
Thanks Ron

Were you monitoring temps with your maverick?
Not until I put the Fatties on. Had flooring installers here since Wednesday replacing all the flooring in the house except the master bath with glue down Bamboo. They finished the job mid morning and I had to make to make sure the installing crew put all the furniture back where it belongs because I'm recovering from surgery.

Back