THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterhawk1960

Name or Nickame
Don
Scored another supply of some smoking wood today. A friend from our church told me that his sister had an apple tree that she wanted removed......and I offered to help him get'r'done.
Turned out being 3 apple trees, we got 'em down, and cut into split-sized logs. We cleaned up the branches.....and my truck bed is now completely full of future flavor enhancement.
Now just gotta get 'em unloaded and split, after putting them with my supply of wild cherry logs.

Gonna be a lot of "splitting" in my near future
Life.......is GOOD !!! =)

Nice! I love using a little bit of apple sometimes when grilling chicken. Get a nice mesquite coal bed going, and sprinkle on some apple chips...it's a great combo!

Scored another supply of some smoking wood today. A friend from our church told me that his sister had an apple tree that she wanted removed......and I offered to help him get'r'done.
Turned out being 3 apple trees, we got 'em down, and cut into split-sized logs. We cleaned up the branches.....and my truck bed is now completely full of future flavor enhancement.
Now just gotta get 'em unloaded and split, after putting them with my supply of wild cherry logs.

Gonna be a lot of "splitting" in my near future
Life.......is GOOD !!! =)

Apple is some tough stuff to split, did (3) trees worth by hand last summer...8lb maul, 2 wedges, and several sessions to get through it! Love it though!

Back