Salmon on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I'm having a ton of fun with the new Blackstone. It may not be grilling, but griddling comes real close and the results are fantastic.

Started out the day with French Toast, sorry no pics. My wife and I were both amazed at how beautifully browned the slices were and how fast it was to prepare all of them at once. Even though it's just the two of us, it's kinda nice not to have to serve in batches and wait.

Friday Nite Dinner Menu:

Salmon
Carrots
Rice

I prepped the carrots and gave them a quick headstart in the microwave, then out onto the griddle. Seasoned with EVOO, pepper and a McCormick's Veggie rub. Once those got going with a nice char, on went the salmon. Nothing fancy in prep for it, EVOO and a Lemon/Pepper/Salt rub from Penzey's.

On the griddle they go -

Coming along nicely -

And ready -

A few plated pics -

That's it! Quick and easy.

I won't be giving away the Kamados or the Weber, but the Blackstone will be seeing a lot of use!

Thanks for checking out Friday nite dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

Nicely done! And could not agree with you more… griddling is an absolute blast! My griddle probably gets used five times more than any other cooker I have :)

That looks fantastic.I wish I could make myself like Salmon.I have tried it 9 ways to Sunday,I just can't do it.Only Salmon I ever liked were the fried Salmon croquets my Mom made when I was a kid.I have tried to replicate those with no luck.

Really nice work!!!!....A great Lady sage once recommended getting a griddle, got a Blue Rhino 36 on sale a christmas. Along with my drum probably the best money I ever spent....

Really nice work!!!!....A great Lady sage once recommended getting a griddle, got a Blue Rhino 36 on sale a christmas. Along with my drum probably the best money I ever spent....

I had seen your post and strongly considered the Blue Rhino mainly because of your review and the shelves becoming a cover. I opted for the Blackstone due to the sale price but with the addition of both the soft and hard covers, the price was about the same. I would have been happy with either I'm sure.

I'll echo the sentiments of many - why didn't I buy one of these sooner? :grin:

Back