THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

irishboy209

Full Fledged Farker
trying out round number two with sliced pork butt and experimenting with a new method on using butcher paper, fit temperature was 240°, using 100% perfect mix pellet blend from cookinpellets.com

seasoned with seasoning salt
mopped with its own rendered fat that I made a sauce out of and topped with suckle busters hogwaller seasoning

finished internal temperature was 185/190 fat was perfectly rendered and it turned out really good if a lot of smoke flavor

I wanted to test out making a butcher paper tent over the meat and seeing if it would keep it moist and still allow smoke flavor

I will say It was a success in my book and I will definitely be using this method again
Here is the video
https://youtu.be/0_pk97o5toE

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20210302-194235-01.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210302-194235-01.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 186
Thank you everyone for the kind words, definitely having fun experimenting and trying new ideas

Excellent cook and I like your mopping sauce with the rendered fat!! Thanks
thank you.
I have to say I works out pretty good and when I actually served it to the family it was extremely flavorful and moist

Yup I got it. Must just be my old laptop.
Glad you got it to work

Back