Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa and Pork Stuffed Zucchini

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Two cooks today. I needed to make use of some veggies that otherwise might have gone to waste if I waited until this coming weekend.

First up, I needed to use up some of our abundant cherry tomatoes. I'd made the Cherry Tomato Galette a week or so ago, wasn't in the mood for making the same thing. I decided that a Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa was in the cards.

Veggies roasting on the Goldens'. Cherry Tomatoes, Onions, Jalapenos, larger garden tomatoes, a banana pepper from our garden and some garlic -

Roasted veggies together with some Lime, Cilantro, Cumin and Oregano ready for the Ninja. The garlic was roasted in its skin and came apart easily -

After a few pulses it's almost ready -

Looking good! -

Just had to plate it with some Nachos -

And kick it up a bit with melted cheese on the Nachos and Sour Cream. A nice afternoon snack! It had a nice kick thanks to the Jalapenos. -

Now for the other dish. Stuffed Zucchini.

Some Ground Pork which was browned in the Lodge skillet indoors, seasoned with Plowboys Yardbird -

The scooped out Zucchini together with diced onion and garlic -

The pork and diced zucchini filling was mixed with bread crumbs and an egg. I also added Feta Cheese, then spooned the mixture into the zucchini boats.

I added the searing plate to the Goldens' and set the temp around 350 -

Just about ready to come off after 45-50 minutes on the grill, the point where the zucchini is fork tender. That's Plowboys on the top -

Plated, with a Parmesan dusting -

That's all for today. As always, thanks so much for checking in on today's cooks. Oh yeah, how did they taste? Fantastic!

Regards,
-lunchman

Still contemplating whether either of these will make it into the Just One Bite throwdown. :-D

It all looks delicious, Dom! Thank you for the ideas! I'm getting overrun with garden "stuff". :-D

Back