Ribs 3 ways, fried shrimp and 2 plates

SeaSalted

Full Fledged Farker
Did some great ribs on the PBC for labor day. I used Sriracha slather on the rack of St. Louis cut, mayo on a rack of baby backs, and mustard slather on the others. All racks were coated with 1:1 salt and pepper with a bit of paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper mixed in.

They were hung in the PBC (which was purring along at 275) for 2 1/2 hours. They were pulled, sauced, and wrapped and then placed back on for an extra 45 minutes or so.

Served with collards, green beans w/corn, and baked potato.

IMG_1512.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

That's perfectly cooked to me. Which flavors did you like best?

I've never thought to use sriracha as a slather

Interested in how the flavor profile of the Sriracha came out. Nice work BTW.

I personally like the sriracha slather and find that it creates the best bark and has a nice little kick. Sriracha slather with no sauce is great also. Hard to compare the mayo with the mustard as I sauced the mayo coated ribs with N.C. Tangy Gold and the other 3 racks with Sweet Baby Rays. Mustard has always been my go to slather. I only tried the mayo as it seems to be all the rage these days. Didn't see any real difference in the meat other than the color --they were very light in color

I'm interested to hear the difference in taste with the different slathers. I'm betting that sriracha had some kick!

We had leftovers tonight here is my impression. I still like the sriracha best with the mustard coming in a close second. My wife mentioned that the mayo ribs seemed to be a bit more tender, but that if she had a choice she would select another mustard slathered bone.

Back