Rib Eye on the Goldens' Cast Iron

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
A fun Easter Sunday of cooking, some done inside, some done outside on the Goldens'.

First, although definitely not bbq but it was an excellent and most photogenic lunch. I'm a huge Chef John fan and one of his recent videos was for a Spring Vegetable Tart. Looked great and easy to make. I was grilling later in the afternoon for Easter Dinner, so why not try something inside for a great looking lunch. As BBQ Pit Boys would say, the Vegomatics would love this. :mrgreen:

Puffed Pastry filled with an herbal Ricotta mixture as a base, baked in the oven. Shell is done first, then filled with the cheese mixture and baked again. I used Ricotta, other alternatives would be goat cheese, farmer's cheese, etc.

Under all these nice looking greens are sauted Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snap Peas, mushrooms, garlic, red peppers. The greens were piled on top. And like his video, it sure did look pretty -

Plated with dressing -

OK, enough of the veggie stuff. On to Easter dinner and an entry into the Rib Eye challenge -

A 2 bone Rib Eye roast, aka Prime Rib, all by its lonesome on the cutting board, waiting for a rub to be applied.

Entry Photo #1 -

I used Worcestershire, black pepper and OakRidge BBQ Competition Beef & Pork rub. Out onto the Goldens', indirect with searing plate, grill temp was around 325-350. I pulled it off the grill when the meat temp reached about 127.

Entry Photo #2 -

On the cutting board, nothing but Rib Eye steaks, cooked just the way Mrs lunchman and I like 'em - to perfection.

Entry Photo #3 -

Have to get at least one plated shot into the mix -

Thanks for checking out today's Easter Dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Back