Contest Results Results North Little Rock

Great job everyone and it was great seeing/meeting those that we had not met before. And I was real happy that we didnt see any trailers in the ditch either. It was a mess when we went thru.

Congrats to all the Brethren and friends that got a call. It was nice meeting some new people this weekend.

That was a fun contest! The drive home, not so much. Made it safely by yesterday afternoon though. I wish I had gotten the opportunity to get out and meet some folks and see some old friends but man that was a HUGE contest area and we were kind of stuck out of the way almost under the I-40 bridge. I don't think we had 30 people who were not workers at the contest pass our site all weekend. For someone who likes quiet hours, it was pretty nice but not great for seeing folks.

Congratulations to all you folks who got calls! I looked over the score sheet for the first time in depth this morning and there were some monster scores for a lot of great teams who brought the A game to North Little Rock!

Ricks Pit Stop was 3rd overall , great showing for him too.. We had a nice 8th place call in Ribs.. Fun contest, we were from Illinois and we had brethren from New Jersey next to us..Big contest..great people..some snags here and there, but thats to be expected..tough getting home at 330 in the morning though

Guys made good neighbors, Marc thoroughly impressed with your ribs!
Thanks for the Jump.

Got in at midnight on Sunday.

Diva the reaction you gave to your call was the best I have ever seen! That was absolutley awesome seeing your reaction. Congrats and safe travels!

Jon

You should have seen Divas Chicken dance at Hudson Valley 2009, Though I agree the Brisket response was good.

Ford's turn in boxes

Here ya go Ford:

Attachments

• kcbs brisket.JPG
    kcbs brisket.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 164
  • kcbs chicken.JPG
    kcbs chicken.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 157
  • kcbs pork.JPG
    kcbs pork.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 157
  • kcbs ribs.JPG
    kcbs ribs.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 157
Made it home at 10:30pm Sunday. Had a great time. 11th pork for Good Smoke way to go!!

Guys made good neighbors, Marc thoroughly impressed with your ribs!
Thanks for the Jump.

Got in at midnight on Sunday.
Glad you guys made it home ok.You had a long haul. It was fun cooking next to you guys..I was hoping you wouldn't have anymore battery troubles.
I wish my ribs hit like that everytime, sadly ,thats not the case...but what a great contest for them to turn out!

Huge congrat's to Rod, Tuffy,Jeff,Steph and everyone that took a call!! We managed a 21st overall finish with a call in chicken. Pretty satisfied with our results knowing the caliber of competition.

Congrat's to Matt (All Jacked UP) on winning the brethren Brisket side bet....nicley done.:clap2: Wish we would have made it over to say hi....but still not sure where you we're :confused:. Would have been nice to have a map with team names and spots.

We had a blast and it was great to see so many friends and meet new ones after a long winter!:thumb:

Was It FEC or Stick Burner?

I think I've read 4 or 5 hundred post on the Ar contest but still have not seen it mentioned what Rod Grey cooked on. Anybody know?

Nice pics ford!
Ain't got no secrets. of course the chicken is a little dark and it looks darker in the picture. Never should have put the slices in the pork box or the burnt ends in the brisket box. Don't think some judges knew what burnt ends were and still got good scores. Of course in that field any 8 in taste is a show stopper and a 7 kills.

Appearance scores - chicken 999888 ribs 889888 Pork 979889 Brisket 789988.

Nice meeting you.

Thanks to Chris, Larry and Jon for all the help. Had a great time.

Back