Reheat frozen burnt ends?

qposner

Full Fledged Farker
My best friend is coming to town next week and we are going to smoke up some meat on Thursday. He leaves Sunday and then the family and I head to Sunriver, OR for a week. Anyhow, I was planning on poor mans chuck roast burnt ends on Thursday and was thinking I could make a ton, vaccuseal, freeze, and take to Sunriver. Would they reheat in near boiling water just fine similar to pulled pork and brisket slices? Assume so but thought I’d ask. Thanks!

Yep, agree with Suds. Chuck roast burnt ends are in frequent rotation for us, and last time I made several extra, portioned and froze. We like ours to get a bit crunchy, so I do end up going to the oven for a reheat-so you might lose a bit of bark in the jacuzzi, but it'll eat well!

I prefer a SV machine set to 140, ruined some brisket with boiling water, it will unzip the seal, a lite simmer is much safer, or a zipper bag with the top of it of it pinned to the top of the pot, lower temp longer time to reheat is better imo

Yep, agree with Suds. Chuck roast burnt ends are in frequent rotation for us, and last time I made several extra, portioned and froze. We like ours to get a bit crunchy, so I do end up going to the oven for a reheat-so you might lose a bit of bark in the jacuzzi, but it'll eat well!

What about a water reheat and then a few min under the broiler?

I'm averse to using two cooking devices for the same piece of food, so I'd probably just use the oven to reheat in a foil package, then open it for the broiler if you still feel that the bark isn't where you want it. Another benefit to the SV method is being able to hold the food at temp for a long time - I often use this convenience when hosting guests because it gives me flexibility over when to eat, whereas with an oven or most other reheat methods, when it's ready it's ready and you need to eat it then. So I guess if you wanted to hold it for a while THEN get some dry heat on it to crisp them up a bit that might be useful, but I'm lazy and that's extra work so :becky:

Back