THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Region 3 Local Event: Orlando, FL
Date: August 26 - August 27, 2011

Confirmed Teams:

Serial Griller
Whiskey Bent BBQ
Uncle Kenny's BBQ
smokin n the boys room
TEAM HOLY HOG BBQ
Naked Bones
BIG BAD WOLF BBQ
Tarheel cookers
HomeBBQ.com
J&J BAR-B-QUE
GBs. BBQ
Swamp Boys
Smoky Dog
Jacks Old South
LANG BBQ SMOKERS (Munchees)
Hot Wachula's
STUMP'd----?
UNKNOWN BBQ
SmokeShack BBQ-OB
Mount Dora Bar-B-Que Co.
Forrest's Fine Foods
The Rolling Grill
C Eliots BBQ
Braxtons & The Funky Brisket Bunch
FireHouse BBQ
Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team
GIT-R-SMOKED
Rod Gray (Pellet Envy)
Big Papa Country Kitchen
4 smokin butts

yeah, made a comment about that one at another site today, that is one hellova field there, grins, glad that I was not in the mood for universal studios....best of luck bud

It’s a killer field. There will be some excellent teams that do not advance. At least 18 teams have won 1 or more GCs, quite a few of those are double-digit GCs. Add in the talent that's coming down from out-of-state...:tape:

Yea, that has to be one of the 3 toughest fields in the tournament. I would think that 4-5 of the teams that make it out of that contest will make it to Bentonville.

It should be fun...August in FL, on asphalt, 30 solid teams for 6 spots and no booze on Sam's Club property!

1st things 1st

The BBQ Swami is changing his name to the BBQ Czar (inspired by our 44th President).

Therefore, the BBQ Czar is calling this one...easily the hardest bracket of all of them. There is a possibility that over 3 world champions and a KCBS TOY may get left on that pavement.

Wait until you see the power poll coming out for this one...people are not going to talk to me in Clermont.

However, we have some late steam that Braxton and Funky Brisket Bunch may be a late scratch. He just took a 5th overall at Lakeland Pigfest, so that could be a bit helpful to some teams.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Starting to look like Swamp Boys may be a scratch in this one and the whole series. I have the opportunity for a big catering contract (pending) for that Friday that I cannot afford to pass up.

I inquired about switching places with a team that's already in the Marietta GA contest that wants to cook the Orlando contest but was told that is not allowed. I would need to get on the Marietta wait list - I'm #8 - and hope a bunch of teams drop out. Not looking good for me. :mad:

Yea buddy! Very glad we're in Region 5. That final is something else! I will have an extremely hard time figuring out to pick in that field.

yeah Pittsburgh is going to be a walk in the park!:crazy:
I'm not seeing an easy contest left (if there was an easy one to start with) in any of the Locals in any region.

yeah Pittsburgh is going to be a walk in the park!:crazy:
I'm not seeing an easy contest left (if there was an easy one to start with) in any of the Locals in any region.

None of the local contests or regional are easy. I was just merely commenting that I'm fortunate to not have to compete in Region 3. That is a very stacked group.

I fully expect Pittsburg to be an extreme challenge.

That's a helluva team list....As crazy as it sounds, I think it would be fun to cook with that group to see how it would turn out!!!! :boxing:

Good teams YES....Stacked....NO....I believe this weeks Sam's cook in Overland Park is by far the toughest group and will be the toughest cook in the whole, qualifier series. The so called "top teams" there cannot as a rule hold a candle to many in this contest.....EXCEPT for one or two.

None of the local contests or regional are easy. I was just merely commenting that I'm fortunate to not have to compete in Region 3. That is a very stacked group.

I fully expect Pittsburg to be an extreme challenge.

lots of crazy good teams all over aren't there? I can't figure out who to pick this week!
By the time we get started with region 5 the rest of the field will be set.......Its going to be fun.

lots of crazy good teams all over aren't there? I can't figure out who to pick this week!
By the time we get started with region 5 the rest of the field will be set.......Its going to be fun.

No doubt, but it would not surprise me to see some of the outside teams from other regions magically show up in the Region 5 waiting list. Especially as teams that are on the list who qualified in other regions pull out. I'm sure the rules address this, but there are ways around the "rules".:cool:

A lot of tgoae teams wont be making it because they have qualified already.

No region is easy. They are all stacked with local bad asses that folks dont know, unless they cook that region. Orlando had teams added for their second contests because this one couldnt sell out the first time around.

If you think this is a stacked field you need to check out who comes to Lakeland in January. Almost all of these guys plus many of the best from around the country.

Back