RecTeq Black Friday question and cold smoker

timelinex

Name or Nickame
Timelinex
Hey guys, I am getting into my first smoker and decided on the RT-700. I know that in the past the only deals they ran on the grills is just on the accessories themselves. Do those deals usually require you to buy a grill with them for the savings or they are on sale regardless? I am deciding whether to buy the grill now and get the accessories on BF, or just wait and get it all together. I have no issue with waiting, but if it's not required It's always nicer to not wait!

My other question is about the cold smoker. Does anyone have any opinions on it? I have read mixed reviews. Many people say it's too hot to actually smoke things like cheeses, but mot the reviews are from 4 years ago or so and maybe they have changed it since? I also really like that you can keep food warm in there. Any opinions? Also, is this something that is considered an accessory and goes on sale during BF?

Thanks

180 is as low as my 590 will go. I wish it was lower for bacon and cheese purposes. And the only accessories that were on sale when I bought mine was the competition cart, and it required a grill purchase.

I can’t help much with BF but I can ashore you you won’t go wrong with the 700. I just got mine an it worth every dime

The cold smoking box is a really cool attachment. My brother in law just bought the 700 and added it. He has cold smoked cheese and it came out great. Really handy and worth it.

Back