***RE-VOTE..."Beans" Throwdown***

Who should win the "Beans" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those peppers (I mean beans) look awesome Thirdeye. They look pretty straight forward, anything special we need to know if we decide to try making them ourselves?

Good job, thirdeye! All of the entries look great, but your's is the one added to my "must try" list!

Wow 3rdEye that is awesome. Very creative. The Iron Chef would be proud.

Well Jack,

On Friday you will be trying thirdeyes... they are scrumptious looking, and I will be making those fo' sho'

I am happy with my entry, even though thirdeye has done a great job, we already talked! I am happy though that some of you voted for me :) and that most have said they look delicious... but yea we can all agree ... that originality is awesome!!!

I'd definitely eat any one of those entries but I know which one I am most likely to get to try...

Those peppers (I mean beans) look awesome Thirdeye. They look pretty straight forward, anything special we need to know if we decide to try making them ourselves?

No not really, the link to the recipe is in the bean throwdown thread (also below)..and like I said it's more of a technique because you can add or delete about anything you want. Something else I like to add to them is shredded carrot, but I didn't have any the other day.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=913153&postcount=19

Thanks everybody for the kind words, but as far as being original, it's a Stephen Raichlen recipe that I got from the BGE forum 2 or 3 years ago. I have made them often enough to know how I like them, but play around with the ingredients, and different types of beans. With every type of canned bean I have used, rinsing is critical. I have also made all white ones, with great northern beans, white cheese, chicken, onion and garlic. Anyways, the best thing about these is the time factor.....about one hour from the time you decide to make them to the time you eat them. :biggrin:

The hardest part is getting the thickness of the mixture just right, and not adding too much cheese, and also not filling the shells too full because it swells. this first picture is the mixture in the skillet. The next one is ready to go onto the cooker. I added just a pinch more of melting cheese.

DSC07521a.jpg

DSC07527a.jpg

Mad BECAUSE there is a shot of my beans (15 Pounds of them) I did last week on my 1967 Miranda Sensorex 35MM camera. Shot of the beans sticking to the back of the spoon in a huge sweet 1/2 clump.

It is shot number 3.... nope I am not gonna shoot 21 other shots to turn my pics to have these guys whip my ass anyway.

Great beans yall.

Back