THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
N/A
Got started on dinner late and threw a few things together

Chicken was butterflied and stuffed with feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes. I brushed them with a balsamic dressing I came up with on the fly.

Broccoli was tossed in olive oil and seasoned heavily with Q salt.

Also smoked some sausage for my older son since he isn’t a huge chicken fan. The boys crushed sausage and chicken so it must have been edible

u8VwiTIl.jpg

YmQAmcBl.jpg

So much room on the Yoder:
9NCbaT5l.jpg

Played around with some filters and camera settings on the iPhone. Didn’t come out great. I should probably dust off the DSLR

yijuIgql.jpg

I was just talking about this with my buddy who came over to watch the game. My traeger had a Savannah stoker controller so it held rock solid temps, better than the Yoder actually. But the thin metal didn’t do well in the winter and it didn’t have the space I wanted. The Yoder has all the space I need but is a little more work for the smaller cooks. It requires the firebox to be vacuumed after every use where I could get by with a few short cooks on the Traeger without vacuuming it out. The Yoder also shines at direct grilling. Probably one of the best direct grilling pellet units made with the 2 piece diffuser and grill grates.

I wish I could have kept the Traeger for quick cooks and have the Yoder when I need space but I’m happy to have the Yoder now for sure.

I plan on picking up a PBC down the road just to be able to play around with.

I was just talking about this with my buddy who came over to watch the game. My traeger had a Savannah stoker controller so it held rock solid temps, better than the Yoder actually. But the thin metal didn’t do well in the winter and it didn’t have the space I wanted. The Yoder has all the space I need but is a little more work for the smaller cooks. It requires the firebox to be vacuumed after every use where I could get by with a few short cooks on the Traeger without vacuuming it out. The Yoder also shines at direct grilling. Probably one of the best direct grilling pellet units made with the 2 piece diffuser and grill grates.

I wish I could have kept the Traeger for quick cooks and have the Yoder when I need space but I’m happy to have the Yoder now for sure.

I plan on picking up a PBC down the road just to be able to play around with.

I was actually curious if you noticed any difference in flavor between the two.

I generally vacuum the Yoder, when I refill the hopper. Between cooks, I just slide the left grates over, remove the trap door, and dump the fire pot. Then put everything back.

I was actually curious if you noticed any difference in flavor between the two.

I generally vacuum the Yoder, when I refill the hopper. Between cooks, I just slide the left grates over, remove the trap door, and dump the fire pot. Then put everything back.

I can’t say I notice a huge difference in smoke flavor between the two. I’ve done pork butt and beef ribs on the Yoder. The pork butt I did totally different than I did on my traeger because I wrapped with butter bath where I ran all my butts unwrapped on the Traeger. The beef ribs I didn’t notice a huge difference on but I was always using a smoke tube in the Traeger and I’m not using one on the Yoder. I do notice a larger TBS output on the Yoder though. The Traeger ran so efficient with the Savannah stoker I usually only saw heat waves coming out of the stack.

I’m doing a packer In a few weeks and I think that will be a good test because it’s a long cook and I’m using the same technique I normally do. I’ll post a full cook review on that one.

I thought I read on the Yoder forums that Yoder recommended cleaning the firebox after every cook so I’ve just been vacuuming every time. Takes a little bit more time but this smoker was an investment so I do more maintenance on it than my traeger

Last edited:
Hard to beat a simple/quick pellet cooked weeknight dinner. Nicely done :)

Thanks, pellet grills are a great go to during the week. I do have to admit that I’m currently soaking up paid leave right now so I had all day to cook, just had stuff going on today which caused me to start cooking late

Back