THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zaq123

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Zaq123
So I received my new Lonestargrillz insulated mini cabinet smoker. First off first rate crate job. Couldn’t have been better done. First impression, it’s built like a tank and bigger than you think for a ‘mini’. I seasoned it with 4 cans of Pam. First run with just charcoal lasted 18 hours mostly 225-250 and I still had 1/3rd of the charcoal left. Second run was 18 hours at 275. It holds temps amazingly steady. Went to bed at 279 degrees woke up 8 hours later it was 264 degrees. That is just the ball valve no fan controller..

My question is, there is an oily film on everything. Did I season it too much? When I pull the grates out I get oil on my hands. Do I just wipe with a clean rag before use? Or soap and water? Thanks for the advice. Planning first cook this weekend

2nd time I've seen this. Yep, too much oil. I used 1 can on my 24x55 elevated cabinet shirley with warmer. No harm in wiping it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, 4 cans is probably 3 1/2 too many. I would just wipe it down. You want some grease on it, to prevent rust.

So I received my new Lonestargrillz insulated mini cabinet smoker. First off first rate crate job. Couldn’t have been better done. First impression, it’s built like a tank and bigger than you think for a ‘mini’. I seasoned it with 4 cans of Pam. First run with just charcoal lasted 18 hours mostly 225-250 and I still had 1/3rd of the charcoal left. Second run was 18 hours at 275. It holds temps amazingly steady. Went to bed at 279 degrees woke up 8 hours later it was 264 degrees. That is just the ball valve no fan controller..

My question is, there is an oily film on everything. Did I season it too much? When I pull the grates out I get oil on my hands. Do I just wipe with a clean rag before use? Or soap and water? Thanks for the advice. Planning first cook this weekend

I made the same mistake on my PeeWee this summer.

I ended up cleaning out the inside and starting over using much less oil.

Also, I found it better to not get any oil on the stainless racks as it does turn sticky and then your food will stick to it like crazy.

Back