Question About Old Smoker

parkerschellenberg

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
This old smoker has been in my parents' backyard for 15 years but I want to start smoking. Just power washed the outside to get all the dirt off. Is there any special way to clean the inside? Or do I even need to?

It is a really heavy smoker, the lid is hard to lift open alone. Is this the sign of a quality smoker, or would buying a newer smoker be a good investment? Just trying to decide if I want to keep this thing or get a new one.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...tt&th=15cb658432af7ac5&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

If it is not rusted out. I'd say clean it out by hand then pressure wash the inside.After it dried scoat the inside of cook chamber only with something like pam,fire it up and get the temp up to 300/350 for a couple of hours.you would be good to go then.A picture would be helpful for better info input form the brethern.

I can't see the pics either so I'm going to say it's good to go -power wash inside and out season it -start smoking

When it's a heavy door, that's usually a good sign assuming the hinges are intact. I agree on giving it a whirl. Ben Lang has great videos on how to steam clean and season a cooker. That'd be your best bet before food goes on

Back