Qsters Treat Troops

sampson

is one Smokin' Farker
I just go home from a great little get together. A few of us from the Utah BBQ Association got together this morning and cooked for and fed about 60-65 members of the local National Guard unit. Gene of Skinny Boyz did up a pile of pulled pork, me and my teammate of This Little Piggy... did up a ton of chicken leg quarters (like 80) and threw in four pans my World Famous Peach Baked Beans (should read Kerri's Hog recipe, thanks Kerri), and Vic and family of HiIQue did up ten of the best danged apple pies that I have ever eaten... So unlike Norco, I wasn't flying solo, that dude is awesome to have pulled that one off by himself. I'm tired and I had tons of help. We did the association proud I think, but more importantly we made the day for some folks that really deserved it. Here's some pics to enjoy now and a link to the album on photobucket too. Password on photobucket is utahbbq.

Chicken hitting the heat...
100_2812.jpg

The newest Piggy...
100_2825.jpg

Some of the troops.
100_2831.jpg

Pork Pullers!
100_2823.jpg

Little guy wishes he had some teeth to use on all that meat.
100_2827.jpg

Now that is one handsome dude, I tell you what...
100_2818.jpg

MMMM, pie.
100_2845.jpg

This fella had teeth and was willing to use them!
100_2838.jpg

Lots of families there today, check out this little cutie...
100_2841.jpg

Pie making machines.
100_2847.jpg

Now that's a bunch of full, happy bellys right there, my guess is they all are snoozin' right about now!
100_2849.jpg

Here's the link to the entire 40 or so pics...
Qsters Treat Troops

Thanks a bunch to everyone involved including the great folks at Smith's grocery here in Logan, they donated all of the meats for the event. Way to go Smith's!!! And a really big thanks to all of those soldiers that do their thing so that folks like you and I can do ours...

Thanks to you and your buddys for feeding our troops Sampson!
Looks like everyone ate a fabulious meal, and the bbq cooks enjoyed giving to the troops.
Thanks again from us here in Michigan.

Those boys look like they need some good food! Great pictures, great day, and some great people dishing that all up.

Well thanks everyone, twern't nothing really... We'd all do it again tomorrow if we could.

Back