THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rus_bro

Full Fledged Farker
SO i have heard a few rumblings about this around the forum, never paying it much mind. For the last year (since getting a costco membership) i have only smoked prime briskets. Id say I probably did close to 10 of them (counting 4 of them in a couple of comps) over that time period. I have what i would call a pretty solid time line in my head. Usually give them 8 hours before resting, and i usually come out pretty close to that or even am a little ahead of schedule.

Grabbed a Choice packer this weekend (couldnt pass up the 1.67/lb from HEB). 14 pounder and had a great bend to it. Trimmed and seasoned the night before as per usual. Got it on the smoker at 6am (right on hangover track), let it roll until i was in the stall and the bark was properly set, wrapped and watched the masters while waiting. Actually was a lovely afternoon. It was supposed to be off the smoker by 2. WELLLL around 330 it finally rolled into 201*. It probed a little stiff in the flat, so i didnt let it cool, just left it wrapped tight and tossed into the cooler for about an hour and a half.

Finished cooking in the cooler (as i hoped) and it was pretty good. BUT that long azz story to say I am starting to belive the hype. PRIME MAY DEFINITLEY COOK FASTER THAN CHOICE.

Go figure.
rb

Back