THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Blue, purple potatoes -same thing. In the south people will quietly ask 50 times who made the tater salad before ever approaching the bowl and lifting the spoon. Reckon my current favorite is a grocery store deli loaded baked potato salad that I add purple potato a purple onion and see thru slices of purple or black garlic. My potato salad is like most everything else I do, edible but not repeatable.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/potato-salad-recipe-slideshow

Potato Salad- Red-White & Blue

Your so right about potato salad. My Mom’s was excellent. Most others - take your chances.

Maybe your cooks are just so creative that there not meant to repeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

what I love about potato salad is that everyone has there own take on it. :becky: makes 2 different styles; one is creamy with red skins and dill, the other a mustard style with eggs and celery

My wife's potato salad is more of a thicker, German style. She actually does a similar thing as her deviled eggs/yolks and uses that as the sauce base.

It's really good. But I don't like sweet potato salads, either.

In the south people will quietly ask 50 times who made the tater salad before ever approaching the bowl and lifting the spoon.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That is the truest thing. There have been many hurt feelings in my extended family about how and who makes the potato salad. Thankfully, everyone has reached the general consensus that my wife's is superior, but it was really touchy there for a while, often times with certain people not even trying the tater salad if the "wrong" person made it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That is the truest thing. There have been many hurt feelings in my extended family about how and who makes the potato salad. Thankfully, everyone has reached the general consensus that my wife's is superior, but it was really touchy there for a while, often times with certain people not even trying the tater salad if the "wrong" person made it.

Amen. Christmas Card lists have been altered over Potato Salad.
Funeral Home Chicken and Potato Salad
Family reunion fish frys and potato salad

Lifetime of emotions simmering over Tater salad. Until halfway thru second grade I lived around a very large family dynamic. When my Dad would see this one aunt walking in with her Potato Salad Dad would have us nearly empty a salt shaker on food she brought. We moved and it was zero from then on unless a funeral.

I don't eat much potato salad cuse most isn't worth the time but Stephanie make a killer version with pickled egg and blue cheese, make you taste buds dance.

I make a pretty good potato salad however I rarely make it anymore. I will admit Walmart recently started selling a Deviled Egg potato salad that's pretty good, they removed the HFCS and other chemicals that never should have been there in the first place.

Boil your taters only 1/2 the time you normally do, stop the cooking with cold water, spread out on a cookie sheet, throw heavy smoke for 30 minutes then into a freezer for 30-45 minutes, then add your stuff all together

you can leave the taters till they are frozen if you cooked them to long,they will stay together while you mix it up. Don't ask me how I know lol