Contest Results Pork in the Park Salisbury, MD

This was our second event ever and we had a blast. We've still got a whole lot to learn, but we're getting there...

We did however pull off a 2nd place finish in brisket which blew us away.

photo%282%29_%28Small%29.JPG

We bombed in ribs, though. I thought our ribs were good, but they're apparently not what the judges are looking for. We got dead last in ribs.

56th Overall
75th Chicken
113th Ribs
21st Pork
2nd Brisket
27th Anything Butt with lobster tails
15th Dessert with apple dumplings

After the results ceremony I told Myron Mixon I used Tuffy's recipe on my brisket and his recipe on my ribs. He quickly responded with, "my ass you did". Both Myron and Tuffy were both really cool guys to chat with.

Can't wait till our next event,http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2012&month=6&id=3401 BBQ, Bands and Brews in Palmyra, VA.​

Congrats on your second place finish, FlavorSavor.

I judged at this event and the only truly outstanding product I had was brisket. One entry I gave a 9-9-9 and I know that the table received it well. I can tell from your photo it wasn't yours though.

Good luck on your next comp!

We will paint that helmet Eagles green.:razz: Hope to see around or next year @ pork in the park great time great contest.
Feelings are the same, hope to see you guys again. Let us know when or if you post the interview on your blog.

Great Event as usual run by Sandy and her crew ....fantastic weather ..really good venue... our team had a great time meeting all of you and the dog even made new friends ... congrats to all and see you at the next one ....Green Lane anyone?
FB/SGP

Well, we had a blast and it was really cool to be parked right next to the BBQ Pitmasters crew. This was our second Pork in the Park and were really pleased with our improvement. We finished somewhere in the 90's last year and moved up to 21st this year! Looking forward to Annapolis in a couple of weeks.

Brian
Eggstra Point BBQ

Well, we had a blast and it was really cool to be parked right next to the BBQ Pitmasters crew. This was our second Pork in the Park and were really pleased with our improvement. We finished somewhere in the 90's last year and moved up to 21st this year! Looking forward to Annapolis in a couple of weeks.

Brian
Eggstra Point BBQ
That is an awesome turnaround. Hopefully we can follow your lead.

Congrats to all that walked and to my son, Jason, who Pitmaster'ed his first pro level comp. Not too shabby, 15th overall, with a 8th place call in Brisket.

Pretty proud dad right now!

I saw Jason just after awards and he was ecstatic about the brisket call. He had no idea about 15th place until I told him. I thought he was going to faint! Looks like he's hooked! Great job!

Congrats to 4:20Q, Walk the Swine (think they were excited?), and to everyone else who walked!

^^^Can't watch it here at school. I think my teammate John is actually in it more then me. He's the big guy, I'm the smaller guy. Can't wait to see it at home.

Back