Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
Howdy, pholks!

It's been a while since I've posted. I haven't done much cooking at all this summer. Just too hot and I was too busy. Today was a gorgeous fall day here and was time to step back, with pork belly burnt ends in order. I hope this finds everyone here happy and safe. :-D

A 5 pound belly cubed and rubbed with SuckleBuster's Hog Waller and Heath Riles Peach Rub. On the trusty Assassin for 2.5 hours at 275 with a load of apple for smoke and color.

h9Yof5Oh.jpg

Panned with some butter and honey, and covered for another 2 hours at 275.

NAptmZKh.jpg

Drained the liquid and sauced. In the pit for another 10 minutes to set the sauce. It felt great to be in the smoke again.

They rock! :-D

2b8RATrh.jpg

You haven't lost your touch. Glad you got to enjoy the sights and sounds, and especially smells, around the smoker once again. The weather is getting right so looking forward to more from you.

Thank you. Ron!

I missed the sights, sounds and smells, and I truly enjoyed being in the smoke today. It's my version of therapy.

:-D
nice
can you give me the method to cook it myself?

so, you smoked the whole belly?
cooker temp and time and meat temp?

then cubed, seasoned, cooker temp?
time?

thank you

Glad to see you back smoking, there is something very centering about it. Plus you get some good eats and yours looks very tastey

Great to see you posting, John. Looks killer!!!
Hope all is well on your end of the world.

Back