PLEASE READ - Important Throwdown Announcement - PLEASE READ

Hmmmmmm..........

Me likey!:becky:

Were you planning on making any eggs?:twisted:

I had that nice streak going that ended a month ago. If it was still going, my answer would be yes, but now I think I'll just have to keep you guessing. Eggs are up there with fish heads and Spam on my list. Not sure how you might interpret that .... :becky:

I had that nice streak going that ended a month ago. If it was still going, my answer would be yes, but now I think I'll just have to keep you guessing. Eggs are up there with fish heads and Spam on my list. Not sure how you might interpret that .... :becky:

You could make a nice egg and okra omelet Gore...

This exact sort of rules confusion has caused me to regret making the Masters Cuts, and the thought to nix it has crossed my mind a number of times. It's just too confusing I think for most. People are having fun entering it...but I don't think the confusion is worth it.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if the Master's Cuts disappeared. They seem a bit too serious and they do seem a bit confusing, but at the same time I can see there is a need. If you just ran the pork belly Master's Cut over and over, I'd be happy.

Look Gore... Egg ---> (o) (or nipple?)

:-D

Chris, maybe you can set up the throwdown threads to just automatically add a DQ for Gore regardless of whether he enters or not? :becky:

Wow, this thread was dead for the better part of year. The undead thread. :shocked:

This really should be about fun. Face it, we can't taste any of the food entered in a throwdown, so the best farking thing ever cooked could get a zero (like my wings and fried pickles), or the worst thing ever cooked could win (like anything with SPAM in it).

However (oh chit, here comes the farking "however"), I hope we will all voluntarily try to encourage new people to enter the throwdowns.

I made the analogy to another TD regular of the guy who makes a $100 raise at a friendly poker game. He does that, and most of the table folds, even if they like their hands. If he raises by five bucks, they would probably stay in. So, you set up a five dollar limit in a friendly poker game.

That's how I view rules in a throwdown. Nobody is gauranteed a win. But, to get a lot of participation, people need to feel like they, at least, have a reasonable chance if they put in the effort.

It really shouldn't be about the win. I enjoyed my win, and got a big laugh out of my zero. In fact, I was nervous as the clock got close to the end that someone would fark up my zero. :laugh:

IMO, we need rules to maintain the balance between fun and competition. Keep it fun, but also keep it fair. I don't think most people mind not winning, as long as they feel like they had a fair shot at the trophy -- or in this case, the certificate, that they will probably never actually receive.

CD

Well, with lots of new members, or older members just joining the Throwdowns, I figured this was a good thing to bump now that the "Rookie, Virgin, Amatuer, FNG" Throwdown is over. It attracted a number of new names to the Throwdowns and based on their first experience they may have some feedback or feelings that this thread can help address. I just want to make sure their parting view of their first Throwdown has at least this perspective.

Here's my $.02... I totally enjoyed that TD as it was my first and it's not at all because I won. It was the whole experience from start to finish. Going in knowing I would be competing with other FNG's gave me the confidence to jump in. I know my Q skills and photo skills will improve, and it's a direct result of this TD and the others I plan on entering. My only complaint is the one vote I rec'd for my second entry that farked up my chance for a zero to go along with the win... :doh::heh:

While I haven't been a member here for very long, I really feel like I have found a new home and a new set of friends. I have learned so much in less than three months, and I know I will learn more everytime I log on. The Brethren with very few exceptions are very supportive and always willing to share ideas, feedback and suggestions. I've been a member of a number of DB's over the years and each one of them had far too many trolls, A-holes and flame throwers for me to actively remain a member.

Thanks to all you farkers for my latest addiction... :becky:

The Brethren with very few exceptions are very supportive

What exactly are you implying??? I, for one, would never make the accusation that anyone here was a jock strap. That is just rude. :crazy:

On the TD's I echo most sentiments. They are quite fun and great motivation to try new stuff or dig up old ideas that have been forgotten. SPAM....need I say more.:thumb:

Here's my $.02... I totally enjoyed that TD as it was my first and it's not at all I really feel like I have found a new home and a new set of friends.

Try not to hang out with bigabyte too much -- it will make you think weird thoughts. And, the Colonel is a bit of a jockstrap, at times. Deguerre and I are relatively safe, and smarter than biggie, for sure.

CD :becky:

As a resident FNG who joined a few weeks ago...I love the throwdown format. The FNG one is perfect for an FNG. I was ecstatic when I got three votes. I had no idea if I would get any. So it gave me the confidence to try it again. Great experience. I definitely would do another throw down, master cut, etc and not worry about it. Same thing with with posting pron. It's been a great experience and makes cooking more fun because I know there are people here who will actually be interested in the process and the outcome. I guess from my FNG perspective it all contributes to making this place very inviting and fun.

Back