Pitmaster IQ 110 Fail...

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charlesgriet
Yesterday while cooking my brisket this unit went into protect mode for no reason stating that the lid had come off. at first I was thinking possibly the probe. The pitmaster probe works in my digital thermometer. When I plugged it into my digital thermometer it read a correct temperature. also read that if the pitmaster box is a little too close to the fire box if it's not at least one inch away from the unit that it can overheat and go into protect mode. That was not the case either I always keep the pitmaster on a low table away from the fire box. I watched every video online than all type of research and never could get it to act right. Today, while smoking two pork butts it did it again. Very disappointed. I would like to know of a unit that is more reliable and effective. Any suggestions I would greatly recommend. luckily, I havent had this unit that long and I'm going to return it. It's a shame because it's very cost-effective and it's supposed to work excellent for the WSM but I'm not going to sit there and ruin expensive meat just to be a guinea pig. I guess I was just unlucky.

Last edited:
Get a Masterbuilt 560 :razz: That stinks though, I have a 110 but, never expericenced that.

First, what cooker are you using this on?

Second, I use one on a Big Green Egg and I found that I had to keep the vents closed more than I thought. The bottom is nothing but the hose and the top is open just a crack, the fan will make sure there's sufficient airflow. It's possible your vents are open too much making it think the lid is open.

Back