Pit Beef on the Mini...

PaSmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
First try on "pit Beef"...2nd cook on the mini...5lb eye roast, trimmed and rubbed with a wet paste consisting of Todd's "Dirt", bourbon barrel smoked pepper, salt and paprika with some garlic powder too...mini with lump and small chunk of oak...ran at 325-350 until internal about 130, then "converted" back to WSJ and seared over coals for about 10 min with frequent flips to char (one of the great things about the mini, goes from smoker to grill in 3.5 seconds!)...sliced thin on slicer and piled high on ciabatta with a sauce of extra hot horseradish and mayo...never had the "real" sandwich in Baltimore, but if its close to this one, I'll make the 3 hour drive!...this will be in regular rotation...the bark was outstanding...

Rub applied:

Sear:

Resting....Good Char...

Very nicely done. Something else I'm going to have to try.

You know, all these great posts really start to get expensive to a guy.

You nailed it on the first try.

Does the Bourbon Barrel brand of seasons actually have the flavor of charred oak? If so, where can I buy/order these?

You nailed it on the first try.

Does the Bourbon Barrel brand of seasons actually have the flavor of charred oak? If so, where can I buy/order these?

thanks...got the spices from Milford Spice via mail order...I think from MN...great stuff, however wouldn't recommend the company....very slooooow and non-existent customer service...

I like everything about that, except that I don't have one sitting in front of me for dinner! I may have to give the pit beef a shot in the near future.

Back