Pastrami - a work in progress

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I had a couple briskets in the fridge that needed to be cooked soon so I decided to corn one of them. This brisket was a particularly nice looking prime packer from Costco that I sorta impulse bought. It had a lot of fat on it but I'm happy with what I was left with. I decided to separate the flat and the point for corning.

I've made "pastrami" before using pre-corned store bought briskets, so this will be my first time corning one on my own. All of Jason TQ's corned ribs and pork butts got me in the corning mood. I also plan to use my 8 QT instant pot at the end for a steam. The corned point and flat will be cooked on my Shirley this weekend along with a SRF wagyu I plan to do a comp style practice with.

Anyhow, got it all trimmed up and chilling in the fridge now. I'll make the curing brine this evening, inject and then submerge in the remaining solution until Saturday.

I dont care if you are making possum pastrami. When you say the "P" word, you have my attentio!:bounce:.

With a cure injection 3 or 4 days I believe.

That's about how long I do it when injecting. Especially if separating.

Love curing crap. Got 12 sets of tips and 4 bone rib ends into a brine yesterday from some full spares.
yvyMcchl.jpg

Looking forward to your results.

Back