Pad Kee Mao on the Weber

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Pad Kee Mao (spicy drunken noodles) is one of our favorite thai dishes. I've been working on getting it right for a long time, but the one thing that always stymied me was the noodles. The only thing I can find is dry and they just don't cut it. Today I said Fark it (after looking everywhere one more time) and decided to make my own. Here is the recipe for the noodles - LINK and here is the recipe for the rest from a post I did a while back.. LINK This time though, I did cook it a little different.. Cooked the chicken and removed (Chicken was thin sliced and marinaded in some rice vinegar, brown sugar, dark soy, and chilis) Then it was Garlic and chilis, add onions and peppers, when softened, add chicken, push to side, add noodles, add sauce, add tomatoes, sprouts, holy basil toss and serve. It goes really fast once you start cooking. The whole dish should take under 5 minutes if your wok is hot enough. I was also really excited to use Thai Basil and Thai chilis from garden... First harvest of the summer!

Heres some pron

My daughter was an awesome helper making noodles

Had to improvise to make a steamer big enough... but it worked great.

REady!

This did not suck!

There's definitely a learning curve for cooking the stir fried noodle dishes anyway, but once you learn the quick rhythm of the hot wok etc, it's not that bad.

Great work man! Impressive. That is one of the dishes my friends and I always got at one of our favorite lunch spots and that looks great!

Back