On The Radio Show Tonight...

C-Town Smoker

Full Fledged Farker
9/1/2010

During the 2nd segment I will be joined by Celeste Dwyer, media partner of the 5th Annual Taste of the Deerfield Valley. Celeste will talk about the event, what to expect if you grab up some tickets and all of the other great things you can expect during this 2 day long event! If you have always wanted to meet and hang with barbecue champ Myron Mixon while getting some tips from the master then this is you chance! The Taste of The Deerfield Valley runs from September 10-12. You can visit www.celebratethevalley.com for more information or to oder tickets!

During the 3rd segment, I will be joined by monthly guest Derrick Riches from About.com. Derrick and I will talk about what's new in the grilling and barbecue market and see what we can expect regarding new products being added to the end of the traditional bbq and grilling season. You can keep up with Derrick by visiting his blog http://www.bbq.about.com.

The 4th segment Free For All will be hosted by Harry Carey. Remember, you have to answer each question within 5 seconds of asking...or you're gone!

Tonight's “After-Dark!” guests: During the first half of the 2nd hour I will be joined by executive producer of BBQ Pitmasters, John Markus. John has seen the blow back from the fans regarding the format change on the show. He has made a request to come on the show and answer all question...he has even requested to take live call-in questions from the audience. Be sure to tune in for this one.

During the 2nd half of the hour, I will be joined by Pitmaster of Big Mista's BBQ, Neil Strawder. Neil has a great story of bbq success...he has taken his passion and turned it in to his full time job. He owns Big Mista's BBQ in Claifornia and sells his bbq to the earger masses every day at various markets. He is also the spokes person for the "Fresh & Easy stores and has done a number of TV apperances in the local California area. Neil also happens to be on this season of BBQ Pitmasters and he will be on the September 2nd episode. I will get his reaction to John Markus, we will talk the business of bbq, competition items and the Pitmasters TV show. Keep up with Neil by visiting his website http://www.bigmista.com

9pm EST on http://www.thebbqcentralshow.com
Toll Free Call-In: 877-448-0433
Email: greg@thebbqcentralshow.com

I usually download the podcast in the morning for my ride into work but this one I might have to listen to live! Great lineup! Thanks Greg.

But I love Sterling!

Speedrcer, I'm sorry I missed me at Holtsville too. What's a Holtsville?

All that hate spewed at the show and not one single caller for John Marcus? Wuss up with that? Gotta give it to him, he was ready to take the punches like a champ.

Greg - really enjoy your show - thanks. Listened via podcast this morning. John coming on the show was commendable and informative but also exactly what I would expect him to say. Bigmista's segment ranked right up their with Rod's. Really appreciated his candor and passion...and really glad you switched gears from show discussion into how he got into BBQ. Bigmista, you have inspired me to kick it up a notch and get into vending at local farmers markets - Big thanks Bigmista!!!

Back