Off the hook grad party cook!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
One of my good friends asked me to cook some ribs for his twin daughters grad party. My wife taught and coached both of them in high school and field hockey and they are great kids. I was more than happy to oblige.

It was a long day, my good buddy Scotty who's been bitten by the smoking bug :thumb: was my willing partner on this day. Thankfully, it was a long day, but a fun one for sure.

I apologize for all the pictures but if I'm gonna bitch about how I can't get a TD entry in on time I figure I might as well show you why. :grin:

We showed up at 9am to set up. Frank promptly showed us the beer truck which we were right next too. In case you're wondering it was High Life, Miller Lite and Rivertowne Hala Kahiki a pineapple brew. It was very good for breakfast, I know that for a fact.

We met the redneck quota for the day and a lot of the neighbors just rode their 4 wheelers over. :thumb: We repped NK and the Brethren proudly that day as well.

I made a batch of brother Patio Daddio's recipe for a whole lotta rub. 14 lbs worth. It's pretty good stuff and all things considered, pretty cheap to make as well.

I put Scotty to work prepping ribs, 34 racks of baby backs. I helped a too I swear! :grin:

We cooked them all on 2 drums and a 22" WSM. Here they are loaded into the rib racks. We actually did 30 at once, 10 per drum and saved the last 4 for special treatment later.

While they were cooking my wife and kids showed up. There was this girl there who made like 1000 jello shots. When Drew found the stash of non alcoholic ones, it was on like Donkey Kong. I'm proud and nervous about this at the same time.

I love this one, it reminds me of the way Gore looks at ribs.

While the ribs were cooking we got down with some wing action and prepped some ABT's and MOINKS for the good people. I only have pics of the wings though unfortunately. They got sauced with PD's Finger Stickin' Chicken Sauce, which is out of sight.

At this point the party really started going. The band got set up on the trailer and the Dallas french fry truck showed up and cranked out free fries and cheese sauce for a few hours. Those are some dang good fries too.

The ribs came out right about then and the first wave was a huge hit for sure.

This is my all star helper for the day and his beautiful wife, couldn't have done it without you my man. She should actually get a special shout out for driving our arses home as well!

The second round of ribs we did dry with Rendezvous Seasoning. They were outstanding. First time I used this rub on ribs. Will do again for sure.

The band was called My Hero Zero, from State College, they were very good. They played mostly to what the high school kids wanted to hear but did a great job. The band played till around 11pm, the boy passed out but my daughter found a friend and they boogied the whole time. They stood right up front too, it was probably my favorite part of the day watching her have fun like that.

Now I didn't think much of it when I took this picture but now that I've had a minute to think, I'm even more nervous about this than the jello shots. My little buddy seems to have mastered the Guerry pose!!! Oh noooo!!!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my pics I wish ya'll coulda been there with me!

:peace:

Very nice Jason Awesome job You will need to worry if your son starts to grow a beard with a pose like that Are you sure the shots were just jello Great pics of the kids

I like how y'all get down! Looks like one of those great days that life is all about.

Great job on the cook there Jason!

Wow, Jason, that party sure looks even more fun than the throwdown you missed, if such a thing were even possible. :mrgreen:

Great job on such an awesome cook, as well as a fine party!

Back