Now That’s a Tasty Burger: Homemade Copycat of The Habit Double Char Burger with Double Cheese

I'm out in the LA area visiting family and I actually had my first Habit charburger on Friday. It was great! I have to say, your version looks outstanding. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Just curious, have you tried In-n-Out? I'd be curious to hear your take on how the two compare...

Looks great! We've got a Habit by work which is pretty dang good. All my restaruant burger eating is now done at Mo Better Burgers though - I love that place.

That looks fantastic. I really want to perfect at-home burgers, since they always seem to be lacking in my opinion. This provides some good inspiration!

As for the Habit, I'm not a fan. The one I went to here in Phoenix was terrible. For me, In&Out is worlds better (though still just a fast food burger in my opinion, and therefore nothing supremely special). Maybe the locations in CA are better, but I was extremely disappointed in the Habit here.

Personally I don't think you can compare In N Out to Habit, yes they are both burgers but the approach to get there is totally different. Kinda like a Taco Bell taco, there's times I crave them but they are no way the same as a street style taco. My experience with Habit has been they are inconsistent, In N Out you always get the same thing.

Personally I don't think you can compare In N Out to Habit, yes they are both burgers but the approach to get there is totally different. Kinda like a Taco Bell taco, there's times I crave them but they are no way the same as a street style taco. My experience with Habit has been they are inconsistent, In N Out you always get the same thing.

I thought it interesting that you used this thread to exert your personal opinion about which burger YOU prefer when the purpose of the thread was not about that at all - it was my version of a Habit burger, not a debate about which is a better burger.

Since you used this thread to share YOUR opinion with us, I will share mine:

How you could draw a comparison of The Habit and Taco Bell vs. In N Out and a street taco is baffling. A Taco Bell taco is a chemical ridden toxic waste predigested frankenfood. I would not remotely consider a Habit Burger in that category, whether one prefers an In n Out Burger over a Habit burger or not.

My apologies Moose!!! I didn't finish post before a situation came up here that needed immideate attention. Not only that I should have given you praise on a great burger before I posted my opinion of the two burgers. I would hit yours anytime!!! I guess I didn't phrase my point well, what I meant was they are two DIFFERENT Styles of burgers. Again my apologies. I will refrain post posting in the future.

My apologies Moose!!! I didn't finish post before a situation came up here that needed immideate attention. Not only that I should have given you praise on a great burger before I posted my opinion of the two burgers. I would hit yours anytime!!! I guess I didn't phrase my point well, what I meant was they are two DIFFERENT Styles of burgers. Again my apologies. I will refrain post posting in the future.

Thanks for responding. I know this is a controversial topic for some folks. I used to be a die hard In 'n Out fan myself. In the end, it all boils down to personal taste...

Speaking of which, ssv3 did an AMAZING version of an In N Out Animal style burger:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198416

Back