THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rexster314

is one Smokin' Farker
A friend gave me this recipe several years ago. I never tried it till a couple of days ago. The results are awesome.

[FONT=&quot]PORK BELLY PO’ BOYS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Servings: 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 pounds pork belly, sliced into 1-inch cubes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup mayonnaise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 tablespoons maple syrup[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup salt plus more for seasoning[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Six (6) French baguettes, sliced horizontally and toasted[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Louisiana-style hot sauce I use Crystal sauce. Less sour than Tabasco
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cups chopped lettuce[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also and some thinly sliced sweet onions
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup sliced dill pickles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peanut oil for frying[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Salt & pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fully submerge the pork belly in a pot of water, add the ½ cup of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the pork belly is flaky, 3 to 4 hours. Turn off the heat and drain.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heat the peanut oil to 350˚F in a fryer or large pot. Gently place handfuls of the rendered pork belly into the fryer until golden crispiness, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I use my air fryer instead of wasting peanut oil. Same great results.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mix the mayonnaise and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread a heft portion on the bottom baguette halves, followed by a little squirt of the hot sauce. Top with a handful of chopped lettuce, a couple of dill pickle slices and pork belly. Finish with a heavy drizzle of the mayonnaise-maple syrup mixture and enjoy! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Back