THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful cooker and that thing is huge. I would like to see one that size in person some day. That 3rd rack is awesome. It increases capacity by 50% if you get the straight back model. I probably sound like a broken record but that capacity could come in real handy one day. When everyone says go 1 size bigger on a Shirley I think add an extra rack and save that $$ for meat and use less fuel.

The insulated fb is not necessary but my old Texas Smokemaster vs my Shirley I can tell the difference. I probably use the same amount of wood. The old one was a 20x36 with a regular fb an no warmer. My Shirley is a 24x55 with an insulated fb.

Beautiful cooker and that thing is huge. I would like to see one that size in person some day. That 3rd rack is awesome. It increases capacity by 50% if you get the straight back model. I probably sound like a broken record but that capacity could come in real handy one day. When everyone says go 1 size bigger on a Shirley I think add an extra rack and save that $$ for meat and use less fuel.

The insulated fb is not necessary but my old Texas Smokemaster vs my Shirley I can tell the difference. I probably use the same amount of wood. The old one was a 20x36 with a regular fb an no warmer. My Shirley is a 24x55 with an insulated fb.
I loved your smoker when you first started talking about it:becky:

Can I have that?

Hey, it never hurts to ask.

Congrats DD - that is truly a thing of beauty and I look forward to seeing you put it use!

The infamous Shirley Fab tag. But it's missing something......................................WHE RE is the Made in the U.S.A one Paul?

The made in USA is an option.... But i will get you one in the mail... I know where Tyler hides them..:shock::grin:.... You will love the cooker .... I will get to see it next year at the big veterans cook.... I am going to for sure be there...!!!!

Thanks everyone :becky: <<< that's what I've been doing non-stop for a couple days.

Greg I'd let you borrow it if you were closer. I know you know how to treat a cooker right :thumb:

The previous owner said it was bitter sweet selling it, but with 2 little ones and a wife they need to get what the family will be happy in. And I wish them the best of luck in building their new home.

The Lang won't be retired, I plan on using it as well. That smoker has treated me real good and produced some real fine Q. For the smaller cooks and family events it's still my go to.

Dave, I'm opening a vending trailer and kicking up our catering business, the Lang had me limited to the size of the groups I could cook for. Hence the Shirley and it's added capacity, as well as it's cool as he77

Paul, thanks Brother :thumb:

I still think it should be put on every cooker you guys make. Can't wait til the Vet cook next year to finally meet you and hang out and cook. It'll be a great time.

This guy is the man...from what I've seen i want to be like him when i grow up!!

The infamous Shirley Fab tag. But it's missing something......................................WHE RE is the Made in the U.S.A one Paul?

The made in USA is an option.... But i will get you one in the mail... I know where Tyler hides them..:shock::grin:.... You will love the cooker .... I will get to see it next year at the big veterans cook.... I am going to for sure be there...!!!!

A True work of Art and I know you know how to run it! Congratulations and future Pitmaster Lil Joey will be bringing you a plate of ribs off it while your warmed up to the fire.

Back