New from NC as well

ffemtreed

Got Wood.
Just thought I would say Hi and thank everyone for all of the knowledge shared on this site. My wife and I live in Wilmington NC and have been BBQing for about 5 years now making stuff on the WSM (we now have 3 of them) and a couple weber kettles. We just recently started getting into competition BBQ. We got 3rd place (out of 30 teams) at our first competition (it was only a pulled pork comp) and we are still waiting on our scores for the second competition we did last weekend at the beer bourbon and bbq festival in Cary, NC.

We are entering our first KCBS contest in Oct at rocky mount NC. We just got to learn how to build some turn in boxes and narrow down our cook times a little bit.

Other than BBQ, I love to cook homemade pizza's (NY and Neopolitan), I do a lot of homebrewing (both beer and wine), also an avid surf fisherman. I love target shooting at the local range as well, but since the ammo cost skyrocketed I haven't been able to shoot as much as I want to.

To support my hobbies, I work as a network engineer and my wife works as a logistics manager.

Thanks again for all the info
Jim and Amanda
Double Barrel BBQ

Welcome to The Brethren Jim and Amanda. Congrats on the 1st contest. That's all it took to get me hooked was a walk on the 1st contest :thumb:

Jim,

Welcome aboard the forum, glad to have you here. Good luck in the Competitions.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back