Need recipe ideas for cook time of 1-2 hours

TailGateJoecom

is one Smokin' Farker
So I have 2-300 people at my tailgate parties and because of the NFL guidelines we can only be in the lot for 5 hours. I have 2 huge grills that pump out tons of food, but I would like to put my FEC120 to more use as well.

Here are the parameters of what I am looking for:

• The fec120 goes up to 350 degrees so it needs to cook at a temp up to that.
  • I need something that has a cook time between 1-2 hours so that I can cook one load and then another load right behind it. 2 hours is pushing it, my sweet spot is 1-1:30 hours.
  • Needs to be something I can make up for about 200 people. Not as a main dish or sole offering, but as part of a larger spread.
  • Presmoking or partial cooking at home is not an option for this, but prep, marinating etc is fine.
Last week for NFL week 3 we did chicken wings and I should have some video showing that in another day or so. We did 3 loads of 150 each cooked at 350.

I was thinking maybe a bunch of pork tenderloins? Any other ideas guys?

Here is video from week 1:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN0BHGKvef8"]TailgateJoe NY Jets Tailgate Party vs Buccaneers 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Steve Raichlen's recipe for Jerk Pork is a winner. Buy full pork loins, butterfly them, poke em full of holes, and soak em in marinade 4-6 hours. They take about 20 - 30 minutes to cook and are out of this world. The recipe is in the BBQ bible, but I'm sure google can find it for you if not. PM me if you can't find it and want it.

Well, the first though I had was pork tenderloins as well.

Sausage is always a winner, and if the folks are normal type folks, smoked bologna is always good

I'm not sure what else is on the menu, but wings, MOINK Balls or fatties all fit in that time window.

Go with porkloins... not tenderloins. Two completely different sizes and cuts.
After resting - slice for pork sliders with Siracha sauce.

I like the big 3 that was suggested.

ABT's would easily work too...I like to make 'em a little different by using a whole pepper with the top, cut a slit in side lengthwise top to bottom taking care to not cut all the way through, scrape out the inside and fill with a piece of cheddar and a piece of cut up pre-cooked italian sausage and wrapped in bacon (cream cheese ABT's just don't agree with me for some reason).

pork chops ... spice well, then cook them quick and crispy ...

slice the meat in thin slivers, add to pita bread with humus, coleslaw, and some fresh tomato salad, crumbed feta cheese with rocket and cucumber

cheap and tasty .... filling and quick

or if you have a bigger budget, use steak (such as rump) instead of porkcops

a little meat goes a long way when you do it this way

Pork steaks would be a big hit. Probably something different for them.
The ones we get are pretty thin. Apply rub, then on the grill for a few minutes each side.
Then into a covered pan with BBQ sauce and beer. Let them braise for an hour or so. Pull them out when they have the texture of ribs.
Similar to country ribs but these are cut thinner. You can do country ribs the same way.

Can't say I've spent any time tailgaiting, are you allowed to charge for food there? do you need a vendors license or permit?

I would suggest maybe some skirt steaks for some kind of bbq fajita, your guac/bacon/hotdog combo looks killer :)

Back