My smoker timeline lotsa pron

The Pig's Blanket

Full Fledged Farker
It's a cold morning this morning in KY so I was board and looking back at some of my smokers. Thought this would be a fun post.

This was my first smoker. It was a Bradley digital. I enjoyed cooking on this but wanted more smoke flavor.

My search began for a stick burner. I wanted something I had to manage a fire in. So I found this thing! I loved it and used it for over a year. Only reason I sold this was to buy a bigger stick burner

So I sold this smoker to buy a Shirley. I found one for sale here in the for sale forum. I made a deal with Bbqwilly and set up a trip to knoxville TN to pick it up!

I knew I was going to keep the shirley around the first time I cooked on it! I next decided I wanted to have something I could cook small amounts of food on so I was craigslist shopping and found a traeger. So I picked this up

More craigslist shopping landed me a WSM for $20 I never cooked on it but it was a good deal

My best friend's daughter called me last year and asked me if I would cook for her wedding at the beach. I didn't wanna pull my shirley down there and have to watch it all week so again I put a wanted ad here on the forum and was able to pick up this onyx oven on my way down to the beach. Cooked the wedding with no issues

Since the day I started smoking I had wanted a water smoker like Myron was using. I wanted a Jacks old south smoker. Well I just happened to stumble on a Myron Mixon 36 again form this forum

After several cooks at home and one competition I realized that the myron Mixon was not for me. So I sold it. I looked for a couple months and decided my new competition smoker was going to be a Deep South smoker. Last week I made a deal on my new cooker and can't wait to pick it up in 2 weeks.

As you can see in my short time smoking I have went through several cookers. It's fun trying them out and then letting them go to a new home

I know for a fact that guys all over are showing this post to their wives. "See honey, I am an amateur...this guys is nuts. Aren't you glad I am not that crazy?" :laugh:

The only problem I see is that you are not keeping enough cookers.:crazy: Thanks for sharing your journey so far.

Thats awesome...some folks are into cars like that or fishing gear, guns on and on. Having different smokers for different purposes gives you all kinds of options.

I share your "affliction". I have a Shirley on order, and I am still looking at Pitmakers and Jambo's and Stump's Baby. I need intervention! But, seriously - I told my wife that I could have a $30,000 boat, and $10,000 worth of gear as a hobby, and she doesn't like fish....

You're line up is impressive. And, you're gonna be thrilled with the GC28.

I know for a fact that guys all over are showing this post to their wives. "See honey, I am an amateur...this guys is nuts. Aren't you glad I am not that crazy?" :laugh:

The only problem I see is that you are not keeping enough cookers.:crazy: Thanks for sharing your journey so far.

Hahaha.... I do the same thing showing my wife! I also make money with these cookers cooking at local festivals. The money I make I put back into the hobby

I share your "affliction". I have a Shirley on order, and I am still looking at Pitmakers and Jambo's and Stump's Baby. I need intervention! But, seriously - I told my wife that I could have a $30,000 boat, and $10,000 worth of gear as a hobby, and she doesn't like fish....

You're line up is impressive. And, you're gonna be thrilled with the GC28.

I can totally relate. I have not picked up my Deep South yet and I still look everyday at new smokers... Lol I can't make it stop!

Back