My Best Ever Fathers Day

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Clark
Not BBQ specifically, but there is mention of scoring a new-to-me grill, so it belongs.

Or not.

Went to worship like any Sunday.
Afterwards we all headed to the local park, where the dads, kids, and some of the moms all played softball.
We cooked out, and I was able to show my twins how to tell when a sausage and when a hotdog on a grill are done. We had a blast.
The SoDT told me "I really want you to teach me how to use my gas grill". :clap2: (My justification for getting a used Weber gasser on CL was telling her it was for her) I might get her to help at a comp yet!

Got home, and they gave me my card and presents. I wasn't expecting anything because I got my shed earlier in spring. There was a Packer shirt, and a Bobby Flay sauce brush and container. The SoDT asks if the boys want to take me for a walk, then tells me to just go to the front door. I opened the front door, and in the driveway sits a vintage (could be late 60's early 70's. No matter what, it's old) 18.5" Weber Bar-B-Q-Kettle. The one I couldn't pull the trigger on at a garage sale next door a few weeks ago. Yeah, the wife and kids bought it for me! This thing is in really, really great shape. That's Weber number 22 for those keeping score at home.

After correcting the way the legs on the Weber were installed, I wanted to go for a swim. So I walk down to the pond and it is covered in crap. No swimming from shore. Andrew (one of the twins), Duncan (the dog) and I take the pedal boat to the other side of the pond by the dam where the water is clear. All three of us swim for a spell, then we take the boat to the bridge so I can show Andrew how mud swallows build their nests. We were able to spend some nice time together just the two of us.

We finished the day with a trip to Culvers and some really big laughs as I did my best Matt Foley impression (Lah-tee-FREAKING-DAH!), and told the greatest snail joke ever.

Nothing big. Nothing fancy. I just got to spend the day with my boys who I love more than life itself.

Awesome, the grill, time with the kids, all of it. Glad you had a great father's day. I did too, but I didn't get a grill, I did buy 2 last week though. :) Thanks for sharing.

Back