my bbq boneless lamb leg

thanks everyone for the nice welcome, this place is a wealth of knowledge!

Beautiful piece of meat and nice cook! Lamb is perhaps my favorite meat but I have never done a leg..... I am such a white gowned virgin. You have inspired me to give it a go! Thanks.

Beautiful piece of meat and nice cook! Lamb is perhaps my favorite meat but I have never done a leg..... I am such a white gowned virgin. You have inspired me to give it a go! Thanks.

yes indeed lamb is the best meat i think, on its own i mean without any spices its way more interesting a flavor than others

and a tip for anyone who ever tries doing a whole lamb on the rotisserie, before you sew the rib cage closed with metal wire, you put a pound of feta cheese in there, it will coat the insides of the ribs, and some will even may leak out and coat the outsides of the lamb as it spins and spins

Welcome, that looks good!
I usually pull my boneless lamb @ about 130 IT. I like it med rare.
Thanks for the pictures, next time I do one I'll try stuffing it like that.

are you saying i should cook it to 145? thats enough for a surface? Im aware now even pork is recommended safe at 145 but thats internal, not surface as im dealing with here in this folded over and tied lamb leg

I don't want to steer you wrong or get you sick, but I always cook my lamb rare, substantially below 145. But this is smoking, and I have only roasted lamb legs. You may be wanting to cook longer for a different end product, like the spoon tender long roasted lamb recipes.

Your lamb looks great. Hope you enjoy. I am going to have to try it, as I truly love lamb. Need to find a sale.

I don't want to steer you wrong or get you sick, but I always cook my lamb rare, substantially below 145. But this is smoking, and I have only roasted lamb legs. You may be wanting to cook longer for a different end product, like the spoon tender long roasted lamb recipes.

Your lamb looks great. Hope you enjoy. I am going to have to try it, as I truly love lamb. Need to find a sale.

thanks next time im definitely smoking it less time or controlling the fire better so it doesnt hit 300+ so the thickest part has a slight pink to it, lower internal temp, then unroll it and expose the inside surfaces to a quick direct heat just to make sure i got everything

Back