My 12 Brisket Cook on the LSG!

Smokin' Greene

Take a breath!
The 12 brisket cook.
Saturday 9PM: Loaded her up with about 25lbs of kbb charcoal and mequite chunks. 1/2 chimney to get the party started. Opened both ball valves and exhaust vent wide open to let her come up on temperature. (Time was not an issue I planned to load the briskets at 12am.) About an hour later I closed 1 ball valve and put the Guru on. Set the Guru at 225, closed down the vents to 1/3 and let her come to temperature. (Note: I used a aluminum disposable pan as my water pan instead of the smokers pan. Why? I figured if it ran out so what I would finish dry, and it would help with cleanup a little. Water pan (cold) was in the smoker as I brought them temp up.)
I was getting tired so at 11 PM. I went out to load up the smoker. This took about 30 minutes to unwrap and load. (approx. 140 lbs of 38 degree meat)
The smoker was slammed temp dropped to 155. So, I opened everything back up to help bring up temperatures. I stayed until 12:15 am temperature was at 200, I closed her back down to 1/3, unplugged the guru for 30 seconds to reset, and I went to bed. No meat thermometer just the guru pit clip. I got up at 8:30. Pit was sitting at 235 blue smoke. Everything looked great. Checked temps and one prime brisket was close. I pulled it off at 9:30 and the all were off of the pit by 12PM Sunday. I gave away 9 to employees and family. I put 2 up for future meals, and we ate 1 at about 7 Sunday night. I did not take a lot of pictures, but here are a few.
I spent about 5 hours trimming and seasoning. (I think this was the hardest part.)
I seasoned with homemade rub of salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, and chilli powder, sugar, and cayenne.
They were not wrapped until they went into the cooler, and I used aluminum foil.

View attachment 111825
View attachment 111826
View attachment 111827
View attachment 111832
View attachment 111833

I have to say I could not be happier with the performance of the LSG vertical smoker. It is everything it is advertised to be and more!

Last edited:
Nice cook! Briskets look awesome.

How big were the briskets? I can only fit 2 per shelf at 18lb-ish.

I was going to ask the same thing. I can fit 12 12LB-14LB briskets on my little abe's, 2 per rack. No way I could do anything bigger.

edit: my racks are the same size as the LSG Mini

Last edited:
Great cook on all those briskets, man 5 hours of trimming and seasoning makes me tired just reading that.

Back