MSU-Egg, w/ cheese, chipotle, and chili (sort of)

oldgfbbq

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
G-man
This post needs a preface. First, it is a shameless attempt to further my quest to attain the highly coveted status of Farker. Secondly, Mrs. G-man, MD is continually looking for options to help me eat more healthy. She prepared what she called "chili" that included lentils and ground turkey. In the interest of peace at home, I didn't challenge her loose use of the word "chili".
ce-1m.jpg

Saturday morning I wanted breakfast with the little bit of "chili" (sort of) that was left over, and also use my smallest cast iron skillet. Started out heating the "chili" (sort of), and topped it with "lite" Havarti cheese. Once the cheese started to melt, I started to fry an egg in a different skillet.
ce-2m.jpg

Once it cooked enough to handle cleanly, it was transferred to the small skillet to finish.
ce-3m.jpg

I topped the egg with my homemade chipotle sauce, then enjoyed.
ce-4m.jpg

Most of the water evaporated out of the “chili” (sort of) and formed almost a crumbly crust on bottom.

Mrs. G-man, MD stated she was “continually amazed at how I could turn something healthy into the antithesis."

Not like you put a bunch of bacon on it :twisted: Have to admit when I first saw the chili I thought it was baked beans or alike

Looks good My D-I-L uses turkey for her chili Myself I prefer Burger and chuck- Kay does not want the chuck Just had the rest of the left over chili on a 1/2 baked potato for lunch

Not like you put a bunch of bacon on it :twisted: Have to admit when I first saw the chili I thought it was baked beans or alike

Exactly! It was more ribbing than serious. Peace in the home. The "chili" (sort of) was really good and there was an interesting interplay between the flavors of the chipotle sauce and her spices. I just wouldn't call it chili.

Last edited:
With the right spices and techniques, I think we can make anything taste pretty good. I, personally, enjoy stirring controversy so I would have challenged the “chili” reference. (Knowing full well my wife would call me an idiot, chuckle, and walk away”. I like the leftover idea! Cheers.

Back