THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

theTastyCat

Full Fledged Farker
Hey all - tried out the new Mission BBQ near me (Opry Mills, Nashville) and was astounded. I had beef ribs and I've never had any Q like it in my life - in fact, I had no idea Q could be so juicy and flavorful. Just out of sight! I certainly didn't think this would be possible in a "chain" - but I was wrong. The triple-smoked beans (with brisket in it) was also totally off the hook - when I left, my shirt was covered in food. The manager was just nice as he could be, and when I was in line and mentioned how much I was looking forward to this since I was a Q fanatic, he reached over and gave me some baby backs to try as well! Of course, by the time I left I'd had a tour of the whole kitchen, which was incredible. Three massive cookers (Old Hickory brand) with a big button marked "EVAC" on them which blew all the smoke out of the cook chamber before they opened the door! I should rig that up at my place to exhaust the smoke into my house :)

Anyway, wood of choice was oak, kept lit by gas, and the end result was fantastic. 225 all the way! How about that. Wish I'd thought to get pics of our plates - they were out of sight.

This place is serious about their Mission - they are up to 25 franchises, but last year when there were only 12, they still gave over 400k to Wounded Warrior Project. This year it's going to USO. As if I needed any more reason to go back! Birthday dinner is in two days - and guess where it will be. I'll try and get some plate pics! Beef ribs were OFF THE HOOK.

Parked outside was BAM-BAM, which stands for Bad-a$$-Mother...not difficult to see why. Aka Mobile BBQ Assault Vehicle.

If you haven't been, I recommend it strongly!

Happy smoking, all!

Yes - the sauces! How could I forget. Six different sauces of different varieties on each table; there was a "smoky" one, I forget the exact name, but it was delicious. Ah yes, of course I didn't need it on the Q, but I *did* use it on the *free* french fries they came around with!

Seriously, I couldn't believe this place...definitely hit it up!

Since I travel for a living I'll be looking for one of these restaurants. Thanks for the review.

In before the move.:peep:

There is a MBBQ less than a mile from where I work, (parked directly outside a Naval Air station) Brilliant marketing if you ask me.
Its been here for about 4-5 years, I have never been disappointed! The food is always on point and the staff are always friendly. They have built quite the relationship with military veterans and active duty, as well as first responders in the area.

They host military\first responder appreciation days several times a year and hand out free sandwiches.
And no matter how busy the place is, every day at high noon, The National Anthem plays and the whole place comes to a complete stop...
If you ever get a chance, its def worth the sit down.

Thats a awesome looking truck. It's always awesome when you have a good experience at a place like that.

I recently went to the Mission BBQ in Va Beach and have had some from a store in Nothern, VA. The quality of bbq and sides is decent and the pricing is reasonable. Their bbq didn't knock my socks off, but it was consistent and tasty.

I would recommend it to people that don't make their own bbq without hesitation. For people that make their own bbq, I would tell them that Mission BBQ is a good place to go if you are looking for a decent bbq meal at an affordable price.

Was visiting in-laws last weekend in North Myrtle beach, and saw a new Mission BBQ restaurant. They had the same truck, and when we drove by the smoker in back of the truck was smoking. I will have to give it a try next time we are visiting. Only about 10 min from their house.

I would agree with aawa - we have one in Stafford, and I find it to be better than the average chain. I would not recommend their sliced brisket...dry and flavorless, but that's true at almost all BBQ restaurants I've been too. Their chopped brisket sandwich is a very safe meal.

The folks are extremely nice, prices aren't too bad, and the trucks are cool.

We have several here in Maryland. Good food, I agree with Dr. Trout Bum: chopped brisket is good. Pulled pork is very good. The stuff that's hard to do in bulk like sliced brisket is ok, not outstanding. But having said that I don't think you'll ever get a bad meal there and as the mom of a soldier, I respect their support of the armed forces and first responders.

Went back tonight for beef ribs, freedom fries with "smoky mountain" sauce, and triple-smoked beans - just off the hook!!! Won't need to eat until Christmas...

Back