Miss my stick burner

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dude
Wanting to get back in stick burner game but footprint concerns have me considering a vertical offset. I’m familiar with lone star but any other manufactures do you like? Pics please. Hope all is well with you guys.

I love my M-Grills M1 - it has a fairly small foot print.
search

I have an M1 at the lake and still use it when we are down there. They are a versatile all in one smoker and cooker, especially if you want to burn logs. They get very, very hot grilling with lump. That said, if looking for a vertical smoker, I’d look at a Shirley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ponder going to Academy and get an Old Country, find an Oklahoma Joe's Highland. Both of these under 500. This will get you in the game and calm the senses.

Then, start figuring logistics to acquire Top Shelf cooker of your dreams.

Immediate gratification segues into dream achieved.......

..... while eating quite well

Last edited:
I will preface by saying that I do not own a vertical stick burner. However, I have spent considerable time researching my options as my goal is to pull the trigger on one in the next 12-18 months. Boathouse smokers in Louisiana is who will be getting my money. He should be reasonable drive from you which might give you the option to see some of his work in person before making a decision.

Boathouse Smokers near Baton Rouge, LA. Not too far of a drive from where you are. They only advertise on Facebook, but most of what they sell are vertical smokers. Also check out Country Built Smokers (Allen's Welding). I own a grill made by him, it's pretty good quality for the price. Only downside with them is that he was about 8 months late on the quoted delivery time.

Back