Midweek Turkey Dinner

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
In an effort to combat rising grocery bills, we took inventory of both freezers. I have a habit of buying meat, poultry, etc that is on sale and tossing it in the freezer, often forgetting about it. I'm sure many of you do the same.

Rather than making new purchases, the goal is to go through the list of items and use them. I'm about a third of the way through the list. :razz:

Tonight's dinner: Turkey Breast

Not too many pics.

Dry brined in the fridge this morning. Seasoned with Weber Kick'n Chicken.

Turkey and Red Potatoes on the Goldens', indirect. Temps around 350-375F -

2Ps7YSh.jpg

After almost 2 hours and an internal temp of 165F+, it's ready. Somehow this doesn't look much different than the previous pic, but it was done. -

AfXU3D8.jpg

One half of it sliced -

OqqbCJv.jpg

Dinner is served with the roasted potatoes, a side of steamed broccoli and homemade cranberry sauce -

gpcJiDV.jpg

Nothing like getting a head start on Thanksgiving! :mrgreen: And one item crossed off the freezer dive list.

Thanks for reading through to the end of this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

That list is a good idea.
My wife implemented that several months ago, one side cooked, one side uncooked. Very helpful to know what you have and plan for the week.

Dinner looks delicious!

Last edited:
Nice! love a good yurkey dinner. I been working on the freezer my self, almost time to go shopping again.

I have 4 freezers full of vacuum packaged meats. I forget everything i have in them. I could probably feed 100+ people if a threw a freezer clearout party.

Nice turkey dinner Dom. Love the way you use the Goldens in different ways.

Funny you should post about freezer checks.

Today I'm doing an inventory on the kitchen freezer and a defrost/inventory on the garage chest freezer which is full to the lid.

Gotta do the garage freezer in the early morning because it gets so hot in the afternoon out there.

Good idea to make a list or I'll probably forget a second time what's in there!

Nice cook Dom! I'll have to do your freezer inventory thing too. I have a slight problem with meat sales. We have two chest freezers and don't know or can't find half of what's in there. :oops:

That looks spectacular. We have been doing the same with our garage chest freezer and have been craving turkey. Wanna clear the freezer out and defrost then refill :-D

Back