Mice problem

chefboy1313

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Does anybody here have an issue with mice crawling around in their grills? And if so how do you keep them away? I store my grills outside and every time I go out to use them I find mouse poop all over the place. I keep them clean so I don't know what they are looking for

Only grill I had mice problems with was a Weber Genesis 20-25 years ago. After having it 6 months was sorry I purchased and went back to using the charcoal kettle. Only feature of the gasser I liked was the rotisserie.

Hadn't used in months and decided to do leg of lamb on the spit. Opened the lid to fire it up to discover a mouse nest had been built inside. They looked as surprised as I was. 6-8 of them then went scrambling down and out the grease tray opening.

Close up any access openings. Set peanut butter traps around the grills. Sorry, that's all I got.

Never had a mouse problem with a Weber kettle.

This will work on rats or mice. Neighbor told me he had rats and mice eating dog food on his patio. We've had a very dry summer and they were moving into our backyards from a field behind our houses.

Asked me to put out some traps on my side of the fence. They were living under his shed. He used snap traps but I set out a bait station. In the first week they ate all the bait in the bait station. I bought two more stations and its been three weeks now and there's no sign of bait being eaten and no sign of mice or rats. Neighbor hasn't gotten anything in his traps in 2 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6GM3LV4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

The cat I inherited from my daughter is a great mouser... and birder, chipmunker, baby squirreler, etc., etc.

lost my Tom cat a few years back. best hunter you ever saw. had more kills than small pox. birds and mice were appetizers. regularly caught and ate full grown squirrels and birds. seen him take down full sized hares as large as himself. caught him stalking a fox one time...my money was on the cat. I still miss him

I've never had this problem and just started noticing it. I have UDS that has a cart built around it and seems like every time i come out to use it now I have to scrub the cart down. Thankfully nothing inside since i close the air vent.

Neighbor's cat patrols my backyard every night about 2 to 3 am. He sets off my motion detector on the security camera and my lights in the backyard. He wasn't very good at getting rid of the rats and mice.

This is more of a long term solution, but learn how to attract owls to your property, they'll take care of your mouse problem in no time. I live next to filthy neighbors who attract a lot of rats to the neighborhood, the owls are a godsend. As soon as the rat population starts growing, the owls come along, and within days they're all gone.

Last edited:
I had a ton of problems for a couple years with them on the Blackstone and getting into the Rectec. On the latter, I stuffed a towel in the grease drain and put a ziplock back over the chimney held tight with a bungee cord. For whatever reason, they seem to have moved on and I haven’t had much trouble with either for the last few years.

Back