Mark Warren from Camas Washington

M

Mark Warren

Hello everyone I am 49 and have done most of the cooking for my family for most of my life. I bake my own bread at least 1 loaf every 2 to 3 days not to mention dinner rolls. I mainly do sourdough with my active starter I keep in the fridge. It keeps better in the fridge for me so I don't have to feed it every day but because I do this I also have to add instant yeast to my dough to get it to rise perfectly. So the starter in my case is not used as the yeast itself but rather used solely for the flavor it gives to the bread.:loco:
I was an owner of an XL Big Green Egg for about a decade. I took it apart every year to pressure wash it. a couple years ago when I was putting it back together I dropped the lid and shattered it. :mad2:
I began a search for my next BBQ Grill/Smoker and settled on my Pilot Rock • Model EC-40

I built a brick work surface around it and have enjoyed re-exploring the possibilities with my new BBQ. I say re-exploring because no 2 grills or smokers cook the same. This is very important to remember when you get instruction from someone whether from this site or a friend or co-worker. I have own a far share of different grill in my 49 years on this earth and BBQ'ing is like Baking is the sense that there is a science to it.

What I mean by that is if it turns out bad you obviously want to try again and see what it takes to get it right. But consider this, if it is Great, write it down and keep an accurate record. But Keep in mind, change it up doing something a little different can taste different but be just as Great. Never settle for this is good enough, always try something different, then when you have a gathering you have a bigger library of Great recipes and techniques to choose from. You can believe me when I tell you I am here to learn and share. I will be trying what I think sounds good, so do me a favor and make it sound good so I can try it. :grin:

Starting the Pilot Rock BBQ/Smoker by Mark V Warren, on Flickr

Only takes a couple minutes by Mark V Warren, on Flickr

Don't preheat too long maybe just 1 minute by Mark V Warren, on Flickr

Back