Looking for Unsanctioned comps

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
So I am looking for unsanctioned comps to compete in this year. I decided not to continue in the pros for awhile. Due in part to family health issues. Only did a couple kcbs pro comps anyways.
So I am looking for some comps to just knock off some of the rust from not cooking much as of late.
Plus I was thinking it may allow me to meet folks that might be interested in starting a pro team in the future.
So if you know any unsanctioned comps let me know. Especially interested if there is a charity involved.
Thanks for your help.

A lot of the KCBS comps around me benefit charities, and you may still qualify as a backyard team if you haven't won GC as a pro, or cooked 3 or less pro events in a single year or less than 12 overall.

A lot of the KCBS comps around me benefit charities, and you may still qualify as a backyard team if you haven't won GC as a pro, or cooked 3 or less pro events in a single year or less than 12 overall.
Just checked the rules. We do qualify as a backyard team. It use to be kind of an unwritten rule once you competed pro you didn't usually go back. Although now kcbs defined backyard team and we qualify based on the rules so I suppose as long as we are not breaking the rules it would be ok. I will think about that.

Always cook a contest with some sort of sanctioning body. Or else you’ll get Bob giving his friend Joe all 9’s. Even though the contest claims blind judging.

Just checked the rules. We do qualify as a backyard team. It use to be kind of an unwritten rule once you competed pro you didn't usually go back. Although now kcbs defined backyard team and we qualify based on the rules so I suppose as long as we are not breaking the rules it would be ok. I will think about that.
Never heard of that unwritten rule. I cook a non sanctioned backyard 4 meat comp every year that is by all technicality a "backyard" comp. Over half the teams cooking it are kcbs teams.

I read the definition of a backyard team on the KCBS web site because we are looking into adding a backyard Team of the Year in California. It seems like there may have been a backyard Team of the Year for KCBS in the past (I can't find anything about a current BY Team of the Year) so there was a definition of who was eligible for the backyard division. Since there doesn't seem to be a backyard team of the year anymore eligibility for any backyard event should be up to the promoter of the event.

It is entirely possible that there still continues to be a backyard team of the year for KCBS and I am just can't find it.

Back