Looking For Timing Help On First Large Cook On The SF

CT-Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
So we are in the middle of an outage at work, and one of the contractors is paying for me to smoke up some BBQ for 100 people. I am making 5 briskets, 10 boneless butts, and 30 racks of baby backs. I am also making smoked baked beans, cole slaw, appropriate sauces, and 200 ABT's.

They are providing dishes, flatware, potato salad, drinks, chips, etc.

The Mobile Meat Monster seems to like to run in the 275 - 325F range. So with that temperature band in mind, when should I fire it up, and when should each protein hit the Smoke? Food will be cooked on Sunday delivered to work on Monday. So there is no time it has to be finished by, other than I am working 0900 - 2100 and have to be in bed NLT 2300 on Sunday evening.

Any and all help I see greatly appreciated,

Mike

Are you wrapping the briskets and butts or going naked? That's the longest cooking item and the wrap makes a big difference in time.

Planned on getting up at 0500 and lighting the 3M, and running nekkid the entire time if possible.

CT Mike I know you asked about timing but I'm wondering where you got your quantities from. That's a huge amount of food even if it's only guys. Also what are the weights of the brisket and butts. At 300°+ most 10# butts will be done in 6 hours. Ribs will go 3.5-4 hrs at that temp. Not sure about the brisket. Jason TQ does a lot of these types of cooks, why not pm him.

So are you cooking and holding through Sunday night? Or cooling off and reheating?

Cooling and reheating unfortunately.

CT Mike I know you asked about timing but I'm wondering where you got your quantities from. That's a huge amount of food even if it's only guys. Also what are the weights of the brisket and butts. At 300°+ most 10# butts will be done in 6 hours. Ribs will go 3.5-4 hrs at that temp. Not sure about the brisket. Jason TQ does a lot of these types of cooks, why not pm him.

They wanted leftovers for a couple days. Who am I to argue, they are footing the bill.

Cooling and reheating unfortunately.

They wanted leftovers for a couple days. Who am I to argue, they are footing the bill.

Then I'd chuck it all on at once. Rolling 300 big meats done in 6-8hrs and bb done in 3-4. Do you have enough ice and cooler space to properly cool all that meat? Also not sure if you've loaded it down before but it will cook differently. Granted that isn't that much relatively speaking.

Back