Long time lurker....first time poster....

Sicarius82

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
I just picked up a Noritake Fuji Kamado. Needs a little TLC, but all in all in good working condition.

IMG_1698_zpsfhtczolh.jpg

I've also been reading threads regarding accessories and rebuilding. One of the few questions I keep reading is the meaning of the Japanese kanji on the Kamado. Here's my contribution to the forum.

The first 4 part kanji (top characters) I can't make out. If someone has a better picture I can translate it.

The next five kanji symbols are "Fuji Mushi Kamado". Fuji being the famous Mt. Fuji (Fuji-San). Mushi meaning "steam" as it was originally intended for steaming rice.

IMG_1699_zpsdjy17skm.jpg

The two kanji symbols below it is "Sango" meaning "number 3". I'm assuming this is the model type associated with Noritake kamados.

IMG_1700_zpsn5vsjsec.jpg

I'm looking for a base for the kamado to complete the look. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az, congrats on the new cooker and good luck with the restoration.

Welcome from NJ. A lot of brothers have constructed wooden tables to set them in just use the search button located at the bottom of the screen or post in Q talk and someone will be along to assist shortly.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back