Leftover PP Taco Tuesday...on Monday

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Parental Assigned Label
Been dying to try Pulled Pork Tacos for a while after watching the work of Adams and Sako...and the current TD was a perfect opportunity.

Started with a 1lb vac sealed frozen portion of some pulled pork I did a couple weeks ago (Pork Butts Down).

Then I thought what would Adams or Sako do? Hatch Chiles, homemade salsa, fresh guac, scratch tortillas....and I came back down to earth and said...work within your own comfort zone.

Rotel with cilantro and lime, store bought tortillas and salsa...I do make my own guac...so let's use this:

Defrosted the PP, in a pan with chopped onions, Rotel and some taco seasoning. Also gave it a squeeze of fresh lime.

Cooked it down and let it simmer.

While that was going I chopped up onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Made some guacamole, opened some black olives, heated up some corn tortillas and started to build.

Don't know about your house but around here we eat leftovers on paper plates.

Farking awesome. I ate 4 and the wife put down 3. Could have used a bit more heat...next time I would dice some fresh jalapeño and put that in with the pp, rotel, onion mixture. Amazing mixture of smoky pulled pork, the bite of the rotel and salsa, the corn tortilla and the cool of the guacamole and sour cream. Topped off with a squeeze of fresh lime (forgot the pic of that on the plate too) and a sprinkling of cilantro.

Mucho Bueno Leftovers...

Haven't looked yet, but that'd be a great entry in the current Throwdown!

I couldn't finish the wings I made tonight for the NCAA Championship... but those tacos... are calling me.

PP tacos is my favorite use for leftover pp. Yours look great btw

Thanks. It was definitely a good meal and I will do it again. I think I'll also try it with some leftover brisket or pulled chuckie sometime too!

Back